Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #16  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Well, I guess I am going to try to post again. I was posting when all of a sudden my AOL shut down on me. Grr. I am beginning to really hate them. It seems to cause me nothing but chaos lately. Ok.. so back to what I wanted to say if I can remember.

I've been doing pretty well on eating this week. I need to pick up the exercising some but overall I would say I am having a good week. I do find that I have trouble with dinner. I tend to eat more then I really should. I just feel like I need to eat. Does that make sense? I have been drinking a 24 oz bottle of ice cold water with dinner to help feeling full. It does help, but the other night I was eating and I ate til I felt very stuffed. It was a miserable feeling. I also have some trouble on not munching later in the evening. IF the family has popcorn, I want some. It hasn't happened this week yet.

I do feel good about the progress I am making. I do think that I will be in Onederland by the end of the year which is an amazing thought. My DH I think doesn't really have that much faith in me about it though. I have exercised in the past for a week or two and then I just stop. I don't think he believes that I have to motivation or will power to keep it up. I am so going to prove him wrong. I want to weigh less then him. If I can get to 199, I will have done it and I will have done something he didn't think that I could possibly stick to. I am determined to do it this time.

Thanks TJ. I was going through my avatars on my computer last night and I came across that one. I thought it summarized things pretty well. Life is a pain but you have to make the best of what you got. Losing weight is a pain, but the end result is going to be worth all the pain. Being healthy and comfortable with myself is going to be the best thing I ever did for myself.

Totally agree with Patti. To stop with just half the candy bar is a good thing. Most people would say well I had half of it and blew the diet I might as well eat the whole thing. But you didn't do that. That's what is so great about willpower. You are gaining it by having only half. I think a little chocolate in moderation is ok, but only if you know when to say no. I have been craving and wanting ice cream, but I don't feel I should splurge. I have a post asking for advice on a good low fat ice cream that still tastes good. I am getting lots of good advice. I just have to see if the products are carried in my local grocery store.

I know what you mean Patti. You have time on your hands to think about food. But it's easier for me to be then when I was a work. I worked in a convenience store. Not much healthy there to eat but there was so much temptation. I was good for the most part but you smell the food you just gotta have a bite. Needless to say I would like my next job to be farther away from food.

Ok.. everyone keep up the good work.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 PM   #17  

Smile

HI Annie , Glad to see that you are having a good week. I need to make myself drink more water. It is just something I do NOT want, unless I am exercising. Plus if ya drink very much it makes me feel bloated and kinda bad.

ooooooo I can relate to the popcorn thing. I work 2 jobs and one of them is at a movie theatre. It is really hard to pass up the hot fresh popcorn and then there is this nice butter dispenser sitting right there on the counter Plus, for employees all the popcorn and sodas are free. All you have to do is furnish your own container. But I have kinda conquered that. Now I settle for a dill pickle and try to keep a diet drink handy.

Gosh I feel like you about family not thinking I will do it this time. They have watched me try so many times, so I understand, But I really am going to do it this time.

I had a nice 30 minute walk in the park today and am going to do the Yourself Fitness game afterwhile, so hopefully I will see some progress again soon!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #18  

Ok guys...I have to tell the truth. I only had half a candy bar because a coworker already ate the other half and left it. Believe me if I had had the whole thing I would have eaten it.
My DH has been through so many diets with me it's a wonder he is still with me. He is still very supportive but I can tell that he will believe it when the weight is gone. Together we will show them all!! Onederland by 2006!!!!
I went to the gym today and I even walked there to get an extra little workout in there. Besides, it was a great, warm, and sunny day.
I have been very good food wise today. Egg sub. w/veggies this morning, salad with roasted chicken and FF dressing at lunch, grapes for a snack. I don't know about dinner yet though.

Annie,
Great job with your eating this week. Keep up the good work. Let me know what kind of ice cream you come up with. I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!! And popcorn...yummmmy. Mybe I'll have popcorn for dinner!?!

Patti,
That's great that you work at the movies. Do you get to see all the new ones? You are a better person that I am. I KNOW I couldn't leave the pop corn alone. This may be a silly guestion, but what is Yourself Fitness?

I need to go find something for dinner before I get too hungry. Everyone have a nice evening. Keep reaching for those goals!!!

TJ
Old 10-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #19  

Talking

Hey TJ !
Yes, I get to see all the movies free, But guess what...when you work there all the time , it is hard to go there on your time off. It has to be an extra special movie for me to go. I had rather wait until it comes out on DVD

Yourself Fitness is a virtual trainer. You can buy it for playstation 2, Xbox or computer. I have it for Xbox. It is really neat. It works like a game. The trainer, MAYA, evaluates you at first, you have to put in your weight, age, height, take your resting pulse and put it in... then she puts you through different exercises and you take your pulse again and put it in. Then you answer other questions and she sets you up with an exercise program. You put in your goals, etc. It's like having your own trainer. You earn different places to exercise and different music as you do more workouts. I like it cuz it motivates me.

Sounds like you have done great on your eating today. . and geeze you still did good with the candy bar.. I would have taken the whole thing away from the coworker, wrestling her to the ground if i had too
Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #20  
Journey To The Thin Me

Patti:: You're too funny. I don't know if I would so far as to wrestle someone for chocolate, but you never know. If I was needing a major fix, I just might have to do it. I've never heard of Yourself Fitness. It sounds very interesting. It's good to be able to see movies from time to time. I haven't been to the movies in ages. I would love to go. I did get a little more water in today then normal.

TJ::The point is you only ate half of the chocolate bar. It's the thought that counts. I haven't been through many diet. I usually have just tried to do it on my own. I almost went to weight watchers with a friend but the DH thought it wouldn't be a good use of money. Hmmm.. losing weight.. seems like a good use to me. I know I may not have been able to afford it, but I could have used the support. My friend went and lost in a month around 20 to 29 pounds. That would put me in Onederland.

Ok.. so I didn't do bad on eating today. Of course my downfall was dinner. I don't know what it is. I can do well all day and not really feel all that hungry but when dinner come I just feel the need to munch and munch. What's up with that? I really got to figure something out here. Any suggestions.

Well, I need to get some sleep. Good luck all.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #21  

I am struggling today w/ not wanting to exercise, so I am going to get up off my behind and make myself. I kinda over did it yesterday with the exercise and am sore, so makes me wanna not move. lol.

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Anne, the only thing that keeps me from getting the munchies is having something to do. Otherwise I am a sitting duck. I usually exercise and get on line here & other sites. Anything to keep me busy. As far as the dinner meal itself, it is usually always planned cuz I am by myself (my son always eats out or with friends) I usually eat a lean cuisine dinner or a salad every night through the week.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #22  
Wishon a star

Saw the title and just had to drop in! Old, fat and work all the time....I represent that!

Patti, I'm 47 at the moment (will be 48 the end of next month) and would like to lose 80lbs myself! I journaled when I first found this site, but lately have found some forums of interest. I ran out of money letting WW weigh me every week. This is so much more affordable!

I like your goal of 199 by Christmas and think I'd like to set that for myself. I'm not sure of my weight right now, I was 210 when I last weighed in at WW. So it should be an acheivable goal. I'd like to purchase a digital scale in the near future; within a few weeks.

Here's to Christmas and 199!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #23  

What a beautiful day it is today!!!

Patti,
I'm having the same trouble as you today. I don't want to workout. but its such a nice day I think I'll make myself take a walk. I think if I worked at the movies, I woldn't get anything done. Once I start watching a movie I don't want any one or thing bothering me. Good Idea to wait for it to come out on DVD.
The Yourself Fitness sounds really great. I've never heard of it but I think I will look into it. Is it very costly?

Annie,
I have lost count of how many times I have joined WW and then just stoped going. I know I must hold the all time record. It's a good sound and liveable diet. I just haven't had the $$ or the willpower to keep it up. Not to mention that I didn't care for the leader at the meeting I was abel to go to. I agree with Patti, the only thing that keeps me out of trouble in the evening is keeping busy. If I am just sitting around watching TV, I'm in trouble.

1 of 3 Wishes,
Hello and welcome. I agree. This is a great place and much cheaper than WW. I have been reading the forums for a long time now and this is one of the few times I have enjoyed typing and keeping up. Everyone is great here. Must be the title.

I have had a pretty good day today. I'm not going to count the donut that my boss gave me this morning. I only ate the top of the maple square anyway. I haven't worked out yet but I will here in a minute. All thats left after that is dinner. What to have??
Keep up the good work everyone. Onderland by Christmas!!!!

TJ
Old 10-13-2005, 05:44 PM   #24  

HI 1of3Wishes!,
Welcome. Hey we are the same age. I will be 48 dec 1. eeeeeek ! I agree, this is a great place and freeeeee! . Ya cant beat that. I looked at other sites and actually joined one, but it wasnt as expensive as the others. I didnt find this one until afterwards. But it seems really cool.

I want 199 for Christmas soooo bad i can taste it! I sure hope I make it. It should be an achievable goal. You should be able to too , with 10 pounds to lose. That will be great!

I have a digital scale and love it. My old one could be manipulated too easily by how you step on it, or where it was on the floor, etc etc. The digital one makes it where you cant cheat. lol
Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #25  
Journey To The Thin Me

Hi 1of3Wishes Glad to see you here. This is such a great site. I think 199 is doable for all of us. I have about 13 lbs to go to acheive that plus my Mini goal for Christmas is to lose 20. I would really like to see that. I think I am the youngest one here chatting. I'll be 35 on Sunday. Though somedays I do feel really old. That was one of the reasons I haven't joined WW. The money. I figured I couldn't afford it at the time and wanted to try this on my own. So far so good. I am only down a pound but hey a pound lost is like a pound of butter gone.

TJ: I try to keep busy at night but it just mostly around dinner time while it is cooking that have issues. I have to taste it to make sure it tastes fine or just picking. If there's leftovers, I catch myself sampling it while I put it up. I am going to have to start grabbing some gum or some type of sugar free candy or something. Pop on in when I feel the temptation to take a bite of something I shouldn't be. I have to admit I have been wanting some ice cream. Yummy. I haven't had any in about 2 months. I am searching for some low-fat bars or just something to have as a treat.

I'd like to have digital scale too. I think it would definitely be more efficent then the analog one that I have. It's something to look into. I think that would be the only thing benefical for me going to weight watchers. Getting weighed and yes that is alot of money just to get that number. I will try to keep doing this on my own and where it gets me. Maybe down the line I might something like WW or some other type of program. I am rereading my Dr Phil Book. I really like what he has to say and it makes alot of sense to me. I think it might give me some more insight as to why I want to do this and heal some feelings along the way.

I didn't want to exercise, but I did manage to squeeze in a little today. I really wanted to row but that didn't happen but it was for a good cause. We have been struggling to potty train our DD. She's 3 1/2 and I have been feeling like a bit of a failure as a mother. I feel like she should be done with the diapers but she's still having issues. We final figured out she can control her body functions. It's just she is afraid to use it. We put her in panties and she refused to go potty. Put on the diaper for bed and she let loose. Well today I gave her a bath and put her in her pull up and she said she had to potty. Took her to the bathroom and she refused to go. I knew she had to because she was doing the pee pee dance. Well, I told her it was ok to go but still refused. Going in circles and whining at me. I knew she wanted the diaper but I told her no. Well daddy got up and used the potty and .. she went pee. And then we gave her stickers and said good job. Made her feel so special and well she wouldn't stop. The first few minutes she would go and pee and we had to flush it and wash our hands. So we know it was a matter of fear. Not that she wasn't ready. So hopefully we are on the right track. I just hate feeling like a failure or a bad mommy. So.. having spaghettie tonight. Going to try not to over eat. Wish me luck.

Take care all and hope to see us all in Onederland by Christmas or sooner.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #26  

HI TJ,
Well I forced myself to do the virtual trainer game for 30 minutes and then I tried my new dance dvd, but couldnt keep up. Too hard ! So, I guess I will go walk for 30 minutes and have my exercise for the day in. I walked for an hour in walmart... does that count???? ha!

The Yourself Fitness game cost me $30.00 for the Xbox, but they had it for $20.00 for the playstation 2. I dont know what it is for the computer version. They have a website, but for me it was cheaper to buy locally than to order it online. I really enjoy it. Sometimes she will throw an exercise in that I cant do, but it has been rare.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #27  
Wishon a star

Mornin' Ladies!!

Patti, my birthday is November 29! Very close! We'll have to celebrate together!

Annie, loved 35 would go back again in a heartbeat even though I was going through a divorce. Maybe it was because I was thinner then. Sure hope I can enjoy the rest of my 40's at a new lower weight!

Thank you to all who have welcomed me. It will take some time, but I'm looking forward to knowing all of you!

I'm off for the rest of the day....gonna look for a new outfit for my 30 year (yikes!) high school reunion tomorrow night!

Have a great weekend, all.

Deby
Old 10-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #28  

Cool

1957 was simply a MARVELOUS year ! ! !

My 30 year reunion will be in the summer and I am sure hoping I have most all of this off by then! That is a ways off, so it would be very possible if I am a good girl I have had a pretty good day food wise today, but havent exercised at all. BUT I am going to remedy that in a little while. I am waiting for it to cool down a bit to walk outside this evening. Got up in the 80's today. Is fall NEVER going to get here???!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #29  
Journey To The Thin Me

Ah class reunions. I went to my 5 and 10 year ones but I didn't get an invite for the 15 year one. Guess they couldn't find me. I am a little ways from Iowa now. You can have my fall weather here if you want it Patti. It's been cool, rainy and cloudy for a week. I could go for a nice summer day. Or just some sun would be nice.

It's been a good day. Feeling sick to my stomach but I did get some exercising done. I probably should get some dinner. And watch some TV. Have a good night all.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #30  

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all doing well. I was really busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to check in. We had a field trip yesterday to a state park. It is beautiful there with many miles of walking/hiking trails. So we walked and climbed all day. Our picinic lunch was not diet friendly but with all our walking I think I did ok. The kids were so tired on the way back that they all slept. It was a nice quiet ride back to school.
My DS is an asst. coach at a university in OH and we are going to visit him for the weekend. It is parents weekend for the baseball team. I'm suppose to be packing now but I wanted to stop and say hello first.
Everyone have a great weekend and I'll type to ya later.
TJ
Closed Thread