Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:51 AM   #31  

Hi Lisa! Must be something about men! my DH is not really jealous but it is sooooooo annoying, i did actually tell him to F-off and he thought i was being funny!!! I just figure I'll just have to go on the net while he is at work from now on! Though it feels like i am sneaking around! when in fact i am doing nothing wrong!!!!!!
Petty Jeasously is hard! what is your BF gonna be like when you lose weight and do get noticed?

Annie how is your weigh in this week! I hope you get those 2 pounds you were after!

Wendy- sounds like you are doing well, a 2hr run is plenty for one day! Are you a teacher!? if so how do you do it? I have 2 kids and nearly want to bang my head against the wall a lot of the time! LOL

I have been very very good! I went to my brothers wedding yesterday, and for dinner i managed to pick my plate to pieces slowly and eat only the healthy bits! and I passed my desert on to DH! who said it was gross anyhow! (trifle made with frozen fruit, and pdf milk,(milk that is preserved? really gross)) !!!
But that was kinda easy though , i had a lot of inspiration as all of the brides family (including the bride) are HUGE! seeing them all eat was the off switch for me, and to think YES i was once fairly big! It was sad, the brides grandmother, lives near us, and i asked how she liked the new shopping centre she said " I think it is too big" i must of had a puzzled look , because she said "well i can't exactly walk around easily" I hadn't noticed she was too big to hardly stand! and moving from one chair to the car took her an effort! I am just so glad I am trying to stop myself going back there, and I really think that was a big wake up call!
I love them all, but It is hard not to feel sorry for them.
I shouldn't be bagging them out! I was that big, I am just happy i am on my way to good health again!

I haven't done any extra excercise this weekend, i have been really busy, but tomorrow is monday and the start of my week again!
Good luck to all!!!!!!!

Last edited by icedragon6669; 10-16-2005 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hello! How is everyone today!!I am sooooo tired.I am on my last day of doing a survey for my parents buisness,took up most of my free time for the past week,only 4 more hours to go .Right now I am sitting at home waiting for my ex to take all of his belongings away from here,finally after 11 months of storage!!After that back to work,then I am off work for a day!!!
Just so you know I am not a teacher,but in the process of becoming a teachers aid,next fall I will be getting my "PARA" certificate and off to school I go! I decided to take that course for very selfish reasons.. You see, I want to be able to spend time with my son for the school breaks,summer holidays,etc.I know he is only 2 now but by the time I do all my upgrading and get this course he will almost be of age for school .Time goes by so fast these days....Anyway,better make sure the #$$ isn't taking something thats not his.
Take care,
Wendy
Old 10-18-2005, 06:47 PM   #33  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hello everybody.

Looks like we were all a little quiet yesterday. Looks like it's been a few days since I've posted. Wow. I didn't realize it had bee so long. Gosh. Sorry about that. Well, let's see, Sunday was my weigh in day plus my birthday. So I was a little worried about getting on the scale. I really thought about skipping it because I was too afraid of being disappointed. Well, it was a good scale to me. . I weighed in at a 2 lb loss. Yeah. I got my 2 pounds that I wanted Sonja. I couldn't believe it. I actually weighed my DD and then got on the scale holding her to just confirm that it wasn't a joke. It wasn't. So now I just have 11 lbs to go and I will be in onederland. That will be such a good feeling. I think if I can get there that things will just get better. I haven't seen anything under 200 for about since about 1993(12 years). I won't be turning back that is for sure.

I am really hoping to find work soon or move and find work there. And then I am going to find a gym to join. I really think having the ability to get to the gym and having access to the equipment will help me in the exercsing department. I just feel so useless because I don't have much to use at home. So I try to think of ways to exercise that will help me out. So if anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. But things have being going well. Have been slacking slightly on the exercises so far for the week but plan on hitting high gear tomorrow.

Hi Lisa. Nice to see you join our little group. I just think it's funny that men have such an issue with us being online. Sometimes I feel like I am being babysitted. I'll ask him what he is doing. He's like nothing. I say why are you acting so weird. I'm not. I just want to be close to you. Umm. Ok.. whatever. I just think he has major issues. I am just talking in my forum. You do it too and I don't bother him. THough he says that it is ok to read it all. Gosh what ever happened to being able to have some privacy once in awhile. He'd spend 24/7 with me if he could. AHHHH!!!!!!! I think I would go nuts. It's nice to have some alone time. Time for just me. That's another reason that joining a gym would be nice. I could have some time just for me.

Ok. I guess I should just stop rambling. I could probably go on for awhile. I hope everyone is doing well. Catch ya all later.

Time for some dinner. Then it's off to watch The Biggest Loser. If I could have the balls to be on that show, I would do it in a heartbeat. But I don't have enough self esteem to let America see me and all my fat rolls all hang out. But I am going to have the DH take some before pics of me so when I do reach my goal weight I will have some before and afters to share with everyone and then maybe I can be some inspiration to someone.

Just want to say thanks to you all for being such motivation, support and friends to me. You all rock.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #34  

Hi Annie

I thought you went AWOL!!! LOL! I guess we all have been busy!

You sent those 2 pounds packing!!!! good going!!! good riddance!! asta la vista......

I weighed in today.. 2 pounds are gone!
but the excercise ain't been happening lately! been soooo busy,

my DD saw a peadiatriction this morning! what a can of worms to open........ She cannot be diagnosed with anything as yet! she hasn't any specific diagnosable problem, she could have aspergers, but her speech is not good enough (apparently they are good speakers), so now i have to go through a long.... assessment , over 3-4 months for them to come up with some answers. the only thing that came out of it was "she is very unique". But does that solve any problems? knowing what I already know....

I watch the biggest loser, but i think we are a week behind, last show suzanne got voted off . It would take guts, and even for those booted off, imagine if you couldn't lose anymore, and the final shows and get together. What a stress!!!
Some of the stuff they do looks like fun though! I wish i had the guts to even go for a run around the block! but I can imagine my neighbours pasted to their windows laughing.

I took some photos early last year when i was BIG! and i still look at them and cringe. And just remembering some of the things I had problems with, (like not being able to put shoes on easily, only having 2 sets of clothes that fit, putting my back out while rolling over in my sleep!) why would i ever think to go back there. Thank god I stopped myself......

I will try to find them , put them in a post! Might keep me motivated.
I figure even if I only lose one pound at a time... gotta keep going....

Cheers, and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #35  

Ok hopefully i have attached a pic. this was me last year. one at 279.4 and beyond. one at 211 pounds. I should have taken one at my goal weigh when i got there but i didn't. (I got down to 165) but alas I am going to get there again.....

(photos may not be too clear!)

LOL LOL LOL
It looks as if I have stretched the first photo, I was soooo round..... But believe me that is the actual photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh GOD! thats embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh God! I cant believe I have just put a fat photo on the WWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE PHOTOS OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zzzzzzzzzz.JPG (26.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by icedragon6669; 10-18-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #36  

Good evening girls!Here's hoping you are all keeping well! I am now on my 2nd week of my workout tapes(lost 6lbs),lets see what kind of results I get this week! I must say I am hungry with only 1600cals. a day,but I don't feel weak and no headaches related to the lack of food.Everything went the way I planned it for my ex's big move! Didn't even have to see him! He wrote a little note and taped it to my door,trying to make me feel sorry for him,not a chance! I tried for years to help him and stay together,but after my son was born my patience with him went downhill.
So,do you mind if I ask what kind of "diet" you are all on?Just curious,looking for more info on weight lose.Anyway girls, got to put the baby to bed,until tomorrow..
Wendy
Old 10-21-2005, 05:29 PM   #37  
Journey To The Thin Me

Howdy everyone.

Looks like we have all been pretty quiet the last few days. What's everyone up to?

Sonja: I can definitely see an amazing difference in the pictures. You look good. I am still waiting to get some before pics of me. The dang digital camera needs batteries. Figures. I didn't want to take any but I see everyone else with before and afters and I though maybe it would be a nice to have. So I too can say this was me, but look at me now. I am weighing in on Sunday, but I don't think there will a change. I haven't really done much exercising. Just been preoccupied with other things. But plan to get back into it full force starting Sunday.

Wendy: Congrats on the 6lbs lost. Way to go. What work out tapes are you doing? Don't you like exes. They want you to feel bad for them or they want to make you feel bad. Good for you. Right now I'm not really on a diet. I am not really sure what I want to do. I am watching what I eat and exercising. Drinking plenty of water. I would like to do WW or maybe give Jillian's new book a try. I hear it's wonderful. So that's where I stand right now. I can't afford to go to the gym. Not sure I would feel comfortable there so I have to manage at home with a stepper and a rowing machine. And try to be creative. I am definitely wanting to get some videos for some workouts. Tae bo would be a nice thing to try.

I hope you are doing well. I am hope none of you are MIA. Talk to you all soon.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:01 AM   #38  

Hi girls!! I'm here!! I am doing the slim in 6 tapes by Beachbody,they are pretty hard to do,but I am managing!!This weekend is a writeoff for me I have my niece and nephew in from out of town,and they are sleeping in the middle of my livingroom,right where I do my sweating twice a day!! That's ok I think I need a break for a day or two!I hope you are all well,I have been checking this thread once in awhile but thought you were gone,I am so happy you are still here!!!!!Wish you luck,until tomorrow,Wendy
Old 10-22-2005, 01:37 AM   #39  

Hi Guys

I have been slack on the excercise.. no excuse! I have walked 4 times this week though, and that is me and a friend, walking and talking for 1-2 hours. But my eating has been really good, just cutting down the fats, and having less carbs. (like if i have meat and veg, i will skip the potato on my plate, and have more carrots, or cauliflower or such) I think I have still done well this week. I feel almost game to take my DD's to the local pool! (well maybe soon anyway!)

To get my before shots i had to work out how to use my camera on Auto, I really wasn't game to ask anyone to take my photo! (Probably why they all came out blurry)
I just wish I could even up my body! All my weight sits on my hips thighs and butt! and my upper body is usually scrawny! I went to wear a shoestring top the other day, and I hated how my collar bone is starting to stand out a lot! Yet I still try to wear long shirts to cover the saddle bags. I suppose I should just be happy I am no longer a total hippopotumous.

Here it is going into summer, which I find it is easier to lose weight and stay motivated. The thought of wanting to go swimming and having to wear swimmwear is quite enough motivation, also since here we get 40-45 deg celcius heat, It gets too hot to cook a lot, so salads are normal.

I gain a lot in winter, just want to sit down to plates of hot stew, with fresh bread, and baked dinners.
How do you all do with the different seasons?

I have one of the tae bo 4 packs on DVD, but my lounge room is quite small (especially with the treadmill in it! LOL) so it is hard to bend around the furniture. Or I end up bruising my shins from kicking the lounge. I do like tae bo though. Here there is a new Playstation 2 game is out. KINETIC, it uses the eye toy, and I have been eyeing it off for christmas, but I will still have trouble with space to do it.(luckily the kids already have a ps2)

I cannot believe it! "the biggest loser" is coming down under for a series, (including bob and jillian!) they are calling for applications. (i would never dare be on national or worldwide tv, in skimpy roll showing clothing) I was in shock when i saw the ad on TV.

I hear WW is good, but most people I know that have done it only last a few weeks. It is too expensive here, but if you look around online you can find out how many points you are allowed, and what points food has, so you can do it without actually joining. I have not heard much of jillians book (is it the jillian from the biggest loser?or jillian from "you are what you eat"?) I assume it has not been released in australia yet. Here we have the C.S.I.R.O diet, which is basically a low carb diet.

Must get up and get on with the housework! Alas it never ends!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:54 AM   #40  

Hi all just joined this morning. I am in Delaware and I am not a mom so I don't have that in common with most of you guys I am so with you guys on losing (I had put trying to lose) 20 pounds by Christmas. I am trying to lose about 100 pounds. I have gained about 30 pounds since I got married 9 years ago and I thought I was fat then. My nick is a take off on the Rap Artist Tupak Shakur I have a 23 year old nephew and I am the cool aunt so I am always coming up with something like that.

I am 44 a female and that is part of my goal for losing the approximate 100 pounds in the next year. We are planning to to go around the world for our 10th anniversary and I am not going to have 4 months of photos with a fat me I was a total jockette in high school and I want to get back to that. I am 5ft 10 inches and am still fairly active but it still bothers me to sometimes exert myself minimally and hear myself huffing and puffing. I want to run a marathon for my 45th birthday next year. Philadelphia has one around November. If I don't run it I do hope to at least finish it Are there any get togethers here? I travel often and would love to attend and get some face to face encouragement

So I hope to be diligent about posting and look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Have a great day,
Alex
Old 10-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #41  

Hello Ladies,

I am new here too!

I have fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, used to have a trachea (had Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea); which is not there anymore, had the trachea removed and had surgery on my deivated septum (rhinoplasty). I think that is what it is.

I am 58 years old, have diabetes, due to being ill for over 10 years. I was on Weight Watchers, did great (lost 55 lbs in one year, went from a 5 x to a 2 x) ...but come to find out I am allergic to so many foods it is hard now to keep track of them. Presently taking allergy shots, my hands look better. I am allergic to different medicines too.

That is why I have found a doctor who specializes in endocrine problems, metabolism, and diabetes. She wants me to stab my fingers everyday for 9 weeks to see how my sugars are riding.

Anyway, I have been doing exercise in a water tank with the help of a physical therapist. I have problems with standing long and walking. So the pt said it will take a while to get you back to your normal self. Which I told her has been over 10 years since being "normal". I need a buddy to help me.

I can not eat any of these fruits; cantalope, watermelon, honeydew, grapes, raisins, grapefruit (messes with medication too much). Nothing in a box, or can, no condiments, no peanuts, peanut butter, or peanut oil, walnuts, nutmeg, anything with a seed.

That leaves alot of stuff out...must plants or products are from seeds. No syrups, brown sugar, molasses, no sweeteners that are to watch your weight (Sugar Twin, Sweet n Low, etc.)

No lettuce of anykind, use celery in place of lettuce. I can eat spinach, which I love cooked or uncooked). No wheat, rye, white products, no rice, pasta, potatoes, sweet potatoes. No to all purpose flours or any flours. No yeast, (I am sensitive to yeast). No cheeses, sour cream, cream cheese, of anykind. NO, is a word I use all the time.

Anything that molds, no leftovers. Have to watch the red meat and chicken (they are sometimes full of antibiotics). I am allergic to anything that has [petroleum product in it). Sensitive to fragrances, perfumes, glycerin, (most medications, toothpastes. etc. anything that helps the stuff slide off your teeth, hair and skin).

Have psoriasis on hands, hair line, and chin. Several of my problems are related to the fibromyalgia and chronic pain. But of course, no doctor is going to say for sure I have it. Not been tested and still so ill...take the cake so to speak.

Am depressed all the time, try to keep busy with volunteering. But have had to stop some of the volunteering I did too worn out.

So maybe one of you could figure out something for me and with my doctor. I am over 300 lbs and that is not good for me or my physical body.

Thank you for listening to me.

Bye now, Cheryl in Virginia...
Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #42  

Hi Alex. welcome aboard!Love the nick name! I love the song... "I like big butts, and I cannot lie............" forgot who sings it, it was back in the early-mid 90's
I would love to be able to run a marathon, and really I do have to get that fit!
And next year is my 10th annivesary as well! Dh wants to go on a belated honeymoon (i was very pregnant when I got married, and with kids the honeymoon just was not an option) I agree on wanting a holiday that I can enjoy, not stress over my size!
Although we cannot afford an around the world trip, I would love to do one, one day!
(once we finish paying off the house, that is my dream!)

I bought my DH a kayak for his birthday and this last weekend it was finally a nice enough day to take it for a maiden voyage! The kids loved it (it has a back platform and we took the kids one at a time out, under the bridge, up the river) it was a blast! Although I truelly thought my arms and back would be really really sore today (the day after) but they are not!. My DH now wants to go out every weekend, so there is an interesting upper body workout for me. (might even get a little tan, I am as white as a ghost!). Also instead of buying the kids computer and playstation games for christmas, this year I bought a huge 14 foot round trampoline with the safety net! the more active I (and all the family can get) the better! I really don't want the kids to get in the same boat as me, If they start being active young, hopefully they will never struggle at having to lose a huge amount of weight.

I would love to have get togethers, but I am downunder! It would be good though to make some really good friends and one day! visit! or have them visit me!If you had friends all around the world, you would see a lot more! (staying with locals, they know more of the area, then relying on tour guides)
Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #43  

Hi Guys, hi Cheryl

I have to say first....

I have lost 4 pounds this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is everyone else doing?

I started feeling really down and out, but yesterday jumped on the treadmill again (first time in a week) and now I feel like I am back with it all!

I don't know what to say Cheryl, you have it really tough, and I don't envy you, But you still have your life, and you will gain back you health, just one step at a time. I have a friend that is allergic to a lot, and my austic daughter has a restricted diet, but my goal is to keep the foods as natural as I can, I mainly steer away from preservatives and flavourings. But it can be tough.
You need to start looking into the depression first. by feeling better about yourself, you will start to find the keys to help with everything else, depression can be crippling on its own (I know the feeling only to well, I got so bad I did not want to wake up in the morning, a new day was too much to bear, but my thoughts have turned around abit, now i see a new day as another oppurtunity to better myself, and If i have any failures, well there is always a new day around the corner)
They say here in Australia there is a new sweetner coming out, only available in chemists, it is a natural plant product, (not a scientific cocktail) and is supposed to be 20 times sweeter than sugar. Also low in calories. "Stevia Sweetener" It might be worth looking into.
So you have allergies to wheat, dairy and nut, as well as some others. Have you tried finding cookbooks for these? I have seen wheatfree, dairyfree cookbooks?

Remember ONE step at a time! and you will get to where you want to be.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #44  
Journey To The Thin Me

Hello all.

Sonja: Congrats on the 4 lbs. That's fantastic. Sounds like you are on your way of hitting your Christmas goal.

Hi Alex and Cheryl. Glad to have you aboard.

A trip around the world. That sounds like fun. Heck I would settle for a trip to Florida or some place other than Vermont. Gosh. I have been here 5 years and have the left the state once and that was at the being of the year. I went to New Hampshire to go shopping.

I have to say that my diet and exercise are in the gutter this week. I don't see me losing any when Sunday rolls around. I just haven't been in the mood much for anything. I just eat and think well I already blew it what does it matter. Doesn't help that I haven't been to the store and I have to fix what we have. Not very good choices. One night mac n cheese and last night bacon, eggs and some french toast. Pretty much have blown the week I think. Unless something drasticly changes. I think I am going to have a gain. I hope not but who knows. I am just hoping that I can some how salvage the rest of the week with some butt kicking exercise and watching what I eat. I think if I can manage staying the same I am going to take it and be ever so grateful. I just have to get my head out of my "butt". I was doing so well and I just fell off the wagon. I guess I need to heed my own advice and remember tomorrow is another day and I just have to start fresh and forget about the made choices I made the day before. It's just really hard because I really want to lose the weight this time and be healthy and feel good about myself. My biggest goal is to have better self esteem. Right now I have zilch. Nada. None. Plus being able to go in the store and buy something off of the rack that isn't a plus size would be great. I just keep telling myself that things are going to get better. So far, it's not looking all that great. I sure hope the new year is better. And that I am going to be under 200. That will really give me some motivation.

Ok so I have rambled enough. I guess I should get up and do something productive and get to the store for some healthy food. Have a great one.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 AM   #45  

Hey Annie, don't beat yourself up! that all or nothing thing stinks (I fight it all the time, the idea is " i've eaten 1/2 the bag of chips, oh ****, why not eat all of it, plus whatever else I can find"
Yep that is sure hard to get out of ones head! If anyone ever figures it out, for heavens sake pass it on!!!!!! I have been trying to say to myself. OK I can have one slice of the cake, and leave it at that, If I survive it then I think "I did it, I did it!"
But 9 out of 10 times, I cave in and just eat what is there.
It is hard when there in not much choice (I have been trying to empty my freezers out, so I haven't shopped properly for 3 weeks!, apart from milk and bread.)
Annie even when you lose all your weight you will still struggle with self esteem! That does not go away, you just need to try to kick those negative thoughts out of your head.

I need to get into the excercise more, and am tempted to start actually running (outside) I am planning to start slow, ie 5 minute walk warm up, 1 min run, i min walk,etc..... for 15-20 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down. But it is hard to find the time, with 2 kids! And now summer is on its way, during the day is just tooo hot. But that is my goal in the next month, to get out and run.

A friend this morning was discussing africa and one town where 95% of people have aids, and one family where a 17 year old boy, and his 12 year old sister were left to raise 5 younger kids because their parents had died from aids. But the thing that got me was that ALL the kids themselves were born with aids. Yet they pull through each day! Living in a shanty and hardly any food.
I can't get this out of my head! How could you go on in this situation, and these kids all born with death hanging over their shoulders..
We are all sooo lucky to be born in wealthy countries. Makes me feel like I should be doing more with my life.
Closed Thread