Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #16  

Hi
Even after explaining to Dh the meaning he still thinks the worse!
I have lost a lot ! (but of course first week is a lot of water weight! I had a swollen wrist and sore legs! now that is gone) lost 8 pounds!!!!!!!! That was my goal for until the end of this month! but the next weeks are the hardest! I should only lose 1-2 pounds a week! BUT it does feel good though!!!
I did my weights yesterday, and when i finished i felt like superwoman!! !( well mentally, not physically! LOL)
And yet again today i get to visit my treadmill, hopefully it won't be a struggle getting myself to get on it!

Although i have lost a bit! I am annoyed at the moment, i am in the middle of getting my youngest DD accessed, and they say she has - aspergers, oppossition defiance disorder and ADHD!!! I know how to deal with her moods (i've had 6 years practice) but the school is not coping with her! SIGH! I have told them the ways to avoid the 'breakouts' she has been having lately, but they won't give her the time to herself she needs to work things out! (i usually put her on her bed and leave her completely alone, then she can think about the way she is feeling and stop the bad moods) but they just keep on her case until she is kicking and screaming. I have a feeling they want to medicate her!
!! I am sooo confused!!! she is a very different little girl EXTREMELY SMART! but cannot cope socially, if something happens she does not understand she will block everyone out! and go silent and not even look at anyone! If they keep going, she will start lashing out! ! She has always been different, when i take them to the park, my oldest DD will run off an play, but my youngest will sit beside me! she has no interest in games and toys, and playing with other kids! She is the most sweetest and beautiful girl (she is 6 but the size of a 3-4 year old) I have a paeditricition appointment next wednesday..)
I just don't know what to do, change schools and she will go that far backwards (she hates change, which is why she is bad at the moment! her normal teacher went away for a holiday, she had a new teacher, then the school holidays, now school is back! that is a lot for her to cope with!)

Sorry for blabbing, sometimes seeing things written down it makes more sense and is easier to work on!!!!!!!!!!!

(maybe i should take out my anger at the school on my treadmill today!! LOL)
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #17  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats on the 8 lbs. Way to go. You look to be on your way to good month. I am sure you are feeling the aches and pains from exercising. Trust me I am feeling some of that too. I usually go for 2 weeks and then I just give up. I am bound and determined to keep up the good work. I figure if I feel like giving up and not wanting to exercise, I'll come here and maybe someone will give me a good swift kick in the butt to tell me that maybe I should be doing the exercises. Get a reality check and remind myself of what I could reach and the new me that I can become. I am really hoping to see a better loss this Sunday. I really wish I could get some equipment for the apartment but can't really afford it right now.

Mentally feeling like Superwoman.. that's got to be a good feeling. Keep up the good work. Just have to remind yourself of what you are striving for. Just take it one day at a time.

You can blab to me all you want. I don't mind at all. It helps you get out your frustrations and it is good for you to see down on paper. I had to do some research so I could actually see what aspergers was. I have actually never heard of that before. I wish I could offer you some advice. I think medicating should be the last thing that they should do. I think they should try to be willing to work with you and understand what your daughter is going through. I just find it sad that schools go along with what they want and don't always take the time to listen to our children or us as parents. Guess they think that they know best.

I hope for the best for your daughter. Take care and keep up the good work. You are doing a good job exercising.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #18  

I am here again today! DH wants me to get some lifejackets from ebay! they go off at 3:30 when i am picking the kids up from school, so i will bid before i go! if i get them good for him, if not TOUGH! Usually i am only on the net once a day!
He bought a kayak in the middle of winter! and now that spring is here realises he need life jackets (one for him, one for one of the kids, the kayak has a back platform for carrying and extra person, so he will take them!one at a time)

Feeling tired at the moment! windy horrid day! couldn't even be bothered getting myself lunch, which is and isn't a good thing! Considering i usually make a huge plate and sit in front of the tv all arvo, but nothing is no good too!?! So yes the appetite is decreasing after a week, forcing myself to eat better, junk food don't look so good anymore!
When I get back from school will get myself on the treadmill, i do feel like doing it! it will wake me up and get my energy up again! then i might have a late lunch LOL! Hopefully today school is a little better and I don't have the teacher pulling me up and explaining what a day she had again! (maybe she should take my daughter for a week or two! she might realise that i know what it is like! and how much i do go through!! HEHEHE! but truelly I wouldn't change my daugher for the world! I see her doing something quite spectacular with her life, as she is amazingly smart! She was watching me in the kitchen on the weekend, spelling the words of things i was using! like b r e a d ,p l a t e , s p o o n, and she is only 6!

gotta go get onto ebay ! oh joy!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Girls,hope I'm not intruding.I'm getting a kick out of your posts!I think you two are great,and if you don't mind I'd like to join you!!Fortunatly for me I have been seperated from my ex for the past 10.5 months,but I can sure tell you some stories!!Let me tell you abit about myself,I an 34,a single mother,I work part time and go to school to better myself .I also love to cross-stich and am trying to finish one before Christmas(wish me luck).I decided that this was the month to lose the weight(to start that is).I only have about 20 to go so I would love to join the 20 pounds before Christmas deal!!Lets keep in touch!
Yr Pal,Wendy
Old 10-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #20  

Hi Wendy, yes the more the merrier!
Its good to get a place to write down your thoughts, where someone else can also reply with what they think!
What are you cross-stitching! I am finishing a couple of projects- TW carousel horse- summer, and L& L - celtic summer! (if you really like cross-stitch check out the forum www.cross-stitch-board.com
There are free designs there that are really nice! And they are a very nice bunch to talk to.( I am also icedragon6669 there, and have a gallery with some of my cross-stitches in it, gallery is called My Cross-stitch!!!!)
Annie! not only did I miss lunch! my SIL and I went to the movies so i only had enough time to put dinner on for DH and the kids! So I missed dinner! Gotta not do that! I only had breakfast, and 2 snacks. It seems when I take the time to excercise, that time is usually the time I eat! Like all mothers I always have something to do!!! So I have to sit down and plan my days a bit better.
I am lucky though my girls are in school from 9 to 3! I remember when the kids were little and still at home! So I can sure see how hard it is to get the time to do something for yourself! BUT when I head back to work that is 9 to 3 , so I have to reorganise again!!!!!
Wendy- do you know what sort of plan you are going to do! It is easier when you have something written down to stick to. As you probably have read I am sticking to 1800 cal. and excercises 1 hour, mon to fri. I know it works, but i just have to stick with it. and having to report in does kind of help me, it keeps me accountable!
Cheers
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #21  

Wink Greetings from Canada!!

Hi girls!how's tricks??Just thought I'd pop in for a couple minutes!I am actually involved with the "Beachbody"slim in 6 routine.I am allowed up to 1600 calories a day,not much if you ask me..I use my exercise bike for about 20 min. in the morning and in the afternoon I do one of the videos(35-60 min) a day,there is also a couple shorter videos that I try to do on a regular basis.Considering this is day 2 for me I think I am doing pretty good!One of my x-stich is of a pointsette,then theres apples,praying hands,fish etc..I can't seem to commit mysef to anything but my 2 yr. old boy lately,I even tried to use the Crest night effects for 14 days and ended up missing a day due to plan laziness How sad is that??Anyway off to bed a long day ahead of me tomorrow.Take care!! Wendy
Old 10-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #22  
Journey To The Thin Me

Welcome Wendy. I agree with Sonja, the more the merrier. I love cross stitch. It's too bad I haven't done it in years. I would definitely like to get back to doing it. I found it to be so relaxing. I'm pretty much doing my own thing diet and exercise wise. I can't really afford much for equipment, gym, videos or a special club. So with the help of 3FC , the support of the women here and my own determination, I am hoping to have some success.

Sonja.. I just gotta ask what movie did you go see? I haven't been to the movies in ages. I would love to go just once. I did good through out the day eating wise. I just didn't do good at dinner. I picked while it cooked and when I was done I found myself picking again. I think I am going to have to brush right after dinner to signal that I am done eating for the night. Something. I can control the urge during the day but when it comes to night I am totally bad. I don't know what to do. I guess, I just need better willpower. I am going to try harder tomorrow. We are having spaghetti. Going to be a tough one to not over eat. I love italian food. Yum.. Maybe if I fix a big salad and just have a bit of it I will be good. Wish me luck on that.

I am really hoping to see another loss on Sunday. I am feeling pretty good about things even with eating too much at night. Pick up the exercising more and I should see atleast a 2 pound loss. Crossing fingers.. trying not to get my hopes up too much. I just want a good loss. I read 5lbs here or 8 lbs there and I get a little down because I want tosee those numbers too but I know I won't because I don't have much for equipment. Oh well, just gott keep at it. Some loss is better then a gain anyday.

So I ask the DH what he was going to do when I got to 199 and he was going to be stuck at 200. He didn't see that happening. He didn't actually say that, but it is what came across. I don't think he thinks that I can do it. I reality he feels that I will fail at it. Makes me mad. I am so going to prove him wrong. Maybe he'll have to be an ex soon. Sorry, but my ex DH(D**Khead) always used to say I couldn't do it. I was always going to be fat. He thought it would make me lose the weight even more. It just discouraged me or made me starve myself. I lost 15 lbs in about 1 1/2 weeks because I drank water and ate crackers and cup of soup. Not very healthy. So I am going to do this so I can rub it in his face.

Ok.. so I suppose I should get my butt to bed. Hope you are all having good times. Oh.. Sonja.. did you win the life jackets on ebay?

Take care ladies.

PS .. Like my new weight bar for my Christmas goal. I made it today. I think it turned out well. Ok.. I am out of here now.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:37 AM   #23  

Hi all!

I tried to start my weight workout today! but my chest is too sore from tuesday! So i backed out really quickly after the first rep! But it wasn't due to lack of motivation! LOL! I just have to have a day off, maybe pick it up saterday or just take a day off! I have already done 2 cardio and one weights sessions this week (and they were tough!) so even if i only do the three I am still doing fine ( I won't let it get me down!)

I am going to get myself a christmas sig too. Annie yours looks great!!! but i am starting the 20 pounds from this week (the last 8 pounds and i would nearly be done! need a good challange to keep me going!)
Annie never never give up no matter what any guy tells you! You can do it, even if it is one pound at a time, just try to keep up with small changes, each little bit does help! If you get desperate for some excersice ideas grab some cans of food and use them as weights, lift them up, sideways, curl them ! all while watching tv. they are light but a lot of reps can help! Image if you run into your ex and you are at your goal weight! wouldn't he be shocked!
Brushing your teeth is a good idea! It signals the body that you have finished eating, if you still crave food, brush them again. toothpaste and any food taste really gross!!!
I cheat with spaghetti! I love the meat sauce, and growing up mum always had a huge plate of spaghetti and one lousy scoup of sauce, but now i know it is healthier to have a small/moderate amount of spaghetti and lots of sauce (Usually the pasta is higher in calories!)
I sometimes start snacking when i am cooking! the smell sends the belly grumbling! Then i start by tasting something to make sure it is OK , and from that taste, i just want to start eating! Try some low cal snacks, and a glass of water, may fill the belly up enough not to be so hungry?
I haven't figured out dinner tonight yet! I am trying to empty my freezer to find out what is lurking in there! so i get down in the dumps having to look in it and decide what we are having , because all the yummy stuff goes first, so now we are left with steak,sausages, and not much else!

Wendy
1600 may not be enough it can depend on your height and what you do during the day!
There is a site... fitday.com (i think) and you put in your age height .. etc.. then you put in daily necessary exercise. ie.- housework! which is deemed moderate. and it tells you how many calories your body needs in a day! (before you add other excercise) Like mine is 3300 calories. Then I have been told to lose i pound a week you take off 500, or 1000 if you want to lose 2 pounds a week. So technically I should still eat 2300 cal a day! Which might explain 1 why I lost a lot week 1, or 2 why i am tired!
So instead of 1800 a day, i should up it to 2000 this next week and see how i go!
If you start to feel tired, headachy or nausous on 1600 you may have to pick it up a little.
Keep it up! and just think of how good it is gonna feel to not be 'overweight' anymore

OH and the movie was "in her shoes" it was a free premier screening , promotional stuff, it was 2 1/2 hours and fairly boring!all that time watching cameron diaz flirting around in skimpy clothing, with me thinking one day i can wear stuff like that and get away with it, at least i had no kids saying "mum","mum","mum" for the evening!! LOL

Last edited by icedragon6669; 10-13-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #24  
Wishon a star

Good Morning Ladies!

I found your thread yesterday and was really interested because, I , too, am a cross-stitch fan! I am now nearing 48 years old (the end of next month) and find that the 22 count I love so much, is getting very hard to see.

I was on WW for about 14 weeks; it got very costly and I had to stop attending meetings. I continued to do well for a few weeks, then started to backslide. I'm hoping to start walking at work this morning on my first break. I have lots of exercise videos at home, but live with a hubby and 2 sons that get a kick out of watching mom huff and puff, so I don't really use them like I should.

I hope to fit in with your little family here. Your encouragement of each other is uplifting!

Deby
Old 10-13-2005, 12:43 PM   #25  

Red face

Good Morning Ladies!And welcome to Deby! Hope you are all well today!I'm off to work in about half hour so I don't think I will be doing a workout today,but I'll eat well and thatwill be enough,kind of like a day off!!

Annie-I know what you meanabout your DH,my ex had the nerve to tell me I was still fat after 2 weeks of giving birth to my son(notice how I said MY son)still pees me off 2 years later..My ex is the true meaning od DH if you know what I mean!! Well got to go,check in later!! TTFN (ta ta for now)
Wendy
Old 10-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #26  

Thumbs up

Hi,me again!After running around at work today,and doind my exercise tape,I'm beat!I also managed to bonk my head on the van today,saw stars for awhile,ok now except for a dull headache(my luck concussion) Hope you are all well!Talk to you all tomorrow evening!

Ciao,Wendy
Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #27  
Journey To The Thin Me

Evening all. I could have swore that I posted something here early, but maybe I didn't. It's been a heck of a day here. Hello to Deby. Welcome aboard. Jump right on in. Ok.. so I had a awesome day.

I've been stressing and feeling down about my daughter not being potty trained. She's almost 3 1/2 and we can't get her out of diapers. We have been trying and trying but alas nothing. You can put her on it and nothing. Last night we put her in her panties and she wouldn't pee for nothing. I suppose it was good because she didn't do it all over the floor either. Anyways, I was feeling like a failure as a mother because I couldn't potty train my child. I am sitting her reading about how other mothers think 2 is when they should be trained by 2. I was down in the dumps. I was being think who could I let her still be in diapers. My older 2 were out by 3 at the latest.

Well, today I showered and then gave her a bath and decided to put Emily in a pull-up. She said she wanted to potty. Took her on the big potty. Nothing just whined at me alot. I kept her in the bathroom and wouldn't put the pull-up back on. She kept dancing in a circle. Doing the Pee Pee dance. It was cute to see. I calmly told her she should go potty. She of course yelled at me in her way. ANyways, DH came in to use the potty and sure enough she did it. Only a little, but dang I was so happy. Found out that she has the ability to hold her pee. Because within 15 minutes she used the potty about 7 times. Everytime she peed. So what it came down to is, I think she had some fear of the potty but it was more she was more comfortable doing it in the diaper. So long story ending, I am hoping we are on the road of getting to panties only. Night time is really going to be hard to do but we got part of the road accomplished.

Ok.. sorry about that. I am just so happy. I do feel better now.

I got my exercising done for the day. I think I did pretty good eating wise too. It was a pretty awesome day.

Great job, Wendy. Sounds like you had a heck of a day. Hope you don't have a big bump on your head. Just take it easy. I'm going to prove the DH wrong. Make him eat his words. Plus wouldn't having the ex see me in good shape.

Sonja, nothing wrong with taking a break. Especially if you are hurting. You don't want to risk hurting yourself more to the point where you have to lay off the exercising for a week or more. It's best to know your limits and when to say no. I've seen previews for the movie. Not something I think I want to see or should I say I wouldn't want to pay to see it. From the sounds of it I might not rent it either.

Ok.. I'm going to go for now. I'll talk some more later.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:11 PM   #28  

Hi GALS!!!

I hit my head 3 times yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! Must of been in sympathy or something... LOL!!! We all live in raised houses (very flood prone city!!) but my friend house is not as high as ours and i am 5 11! well i parked my car in her garage (that sounds so corny!!!!!!) and got out and bang!!! Did it 3 times in an hour! You would think i would learn!
Potty Training is a science!!! My first DD got it by 2! but still wet the bed at 4!!! my second DD was night trained at 3 months! (YES!!! has to do with her illness's! ) but can still have day time accidents at 6!!! When she is having a bad day!
I just figure, they all get there in the end! and sometimes you can look back and have a good laugh at it all! It can be frustrating. DD number 2 , didn't like a potty, she wanted the toliet like big people, so we bought her a seat for it (with a step)
I wouldn't stress too much annie, experts always have so much to say, but really kids are all different! But now that she has used it, it should be easy! A potty probably feels to kids like us going to a pit dunny (the old fashioned ones that still appear at some camp sites! and i hate sitting on them! )

But I don't know a husband that tells your your fat! or one that just doesn't notice??? If mine said NICELY though, gee , maybe we should take a walk every now and then! maybe it would have stopped me gaining earlier! He wont say anything, i was 279.4 pounds or more! (high as the scales went) and he still wouldn't say anything!

I went for a long walk this morning 2 1/2 hours! me and a friend trying to get some christmas shopping ideas, so we walked to town and all around and back! so i don't know if i will hop on the treadmill, or say i already did a bit today (we probably walked 13+ km (8-10 miles).

I am feeling good though! and i have a pair of shorts , they no longer ride up!! that must be a good sign!

Hi Deby, know what you mean about excercise videos, i bought some Tae Bo dvd's but really don't see myself bouncing around with DH watching? MY neighbours son (13) walked in once while i was running on the treadmill and started talking to me, i was so out of breathe , i was running fairly fast, i nearly fell flat on my face! So now i shut and lock the door and shut the curtain! and pretend i am not home, apart from the thudding! who would know!! LOL!
And yes 22 count , is small! usually i only use 14 or 18! I actually bought a kit on ebay last week, it cost me $15 AU and the lady left her reciept in it she had paid $79.95! I am so thrilled. its called -soft sounds of the orient , by dimensions gold
I think i have cupboards full of patterns, books and kits..

Gotta go
cheers!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #29  

Wink Tuckered out again!!

Hello,Hello!!! Well I spent 2 hrs running today! That's it for me though,my exercise tapes can gather dust tonight,no way I'm going to do that!!Well maybe just the ab routine!!Don't really have the time,school all day,today and then a run,make dinner,spend time with my boy,give him a bath,cuddle,etc....He's more inportant at this moment.Well,so long for tonight!
Wendy
Old 10-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #30  
Binge Eater

Hi,all!
I didn't want to intrude but reading your posts had me on the floor rolling! My boyfriend who lives with me(big mistake) is the same. Everytime I get online he's pacing the floor between the bedroom and computer room trying to see what I'm doing!It is very annoying!When he's online I don't bother him unless he needs my help. He comes in periodically and asks what I'm doing and attempts to read(he's Cuban and barely reads English) whatever I'm writing. It's enough to drive a person insane...what is he worried about?Nobody pays my fat but any major amount of attention because once their gazes wander past my face you can see the interest slowly but surely DIE! I guess maybe he feels that once I'm in shape he's history or something but he has no idea how close he is right now with all his petty jealousness. Well,I guess I'll stop ranting now and go out for a nice walk.
Closed Thread