Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #1  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi from a new chickie on the forum ;)

Hi all. I'm finally ready to do something about all this unhealthy weight. I stopped smoking in March and after recently seeing my dr and finding out i gained almost 30 lbs I'm desperate- (as opposed to didn't give a hoot about my weight before but I am now at my highest ever kind of shock ) My husband says (without saying I told you so) he's been trying to tell me lol... and I guess my insistance that the dryer was shrinking my pants more than it used to was..... ummm shall we say DENIAL??? Anyway, I'm 46 and live on the north coast of california- The beautiful Redwood Coast. Have been diabetic for somewhere around 10 years??? I'm constantly confused about how I should eat *sigh*... to carb or not to carb?, too much protien=too much fat?, fruit=high glucose.... I'm ready to tear out my hair!!! So here I am and so far enjoying the heck out of reading all your posts. I look forward to sharing with you!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Don't worry. Just please don't trust any "fad" diets. Just start out by limiting your fat intake, and eat lots of whole grains and fiber. Also, don't forgett your water. Good Luck! I will weigh myself this Saturday, I hope to loose 2LB by then, wishe me luck!

Last edited by minnimaus; 09-20-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #3  

Hi,
Good for you for starting. I post on a forum here on the site called PIC (Partners in Crime) Some of us are doing Weight Watchers, some South Beach and some other changes. YOu are welcome to join us there.

LIsa
Old 09-20-2005, 05:44 PM   #4  
Remember Why I'm Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnimaus
Don't worry. Just please don't trust any "fad" diets. Just start out by limiting your fat intake, and eat lots of whole grains and fiber. Also, don't forgett your water. Good Luck! I will weigh myself this Saturday, I hope to loose 2LB by then, wishe me luck!

Thanks minnimaus! that's good, sound advice. Those "fad" diets?? lol been there, done that! omg I remember the cabbage soup diet?!?!?! hahah accccck!
Good luck you you on Saturday.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:46 PM   #5  
Remember Why I'm Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_WY
Hi,
Good for you for starting. I post on a forum here on the site called PIC (Partners in Crime) Some of us are doing Weight Watchers, some South Beach and some other changes. YOu are welcome to join us there.

LIsa
Thanks for the welcome Lisa_WY, and thanks for the invite too! I think I'll hop over there and check out the scene
Old 09-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #6  

Default Hi, i'm new here too! Any Low Fatters??

i have to tell you all that it's been @ least 20 yrs since i was able to lose weight. i've been on every diet known to woman (as i'm sure all you have) but i recently found out that i have to have my gall bladder out due to stones. so i decided to go on a low fat diet, just so i can keep my GB under control until i have it removed...and low & behold i lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!

the moral of the story is...now this is just my humble opinion...if any of you ladies have trouble losing weight on Atkins, low carbs, etc, they don't seem to work on women...i was on atkins & low carb for 1 1/2 mon. and lost maybe 3 lbs. i've been on this low fat diets for now 2 1/2 weeks and lost weight without really trying...low fat is so much healthly for women...REMEMBER women are born with FAT CELLS, even the skinnest of women have fat cells.

i do have skim milk which i used to drink half & half or whole milk. i eat bread ladies!!! i try to eat whole wheat, but if i want a 1/2 of a hero or sub i do. i'v e had rice & pototoes not fried or with butter though...so you guys can do it!! take it from someone who never could lose the weight. oh i was also on the oprah no white stuff and didn't lose weight...

so let's all hang in there together...

Last edited by lowfatfool2; 09-21-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #7  
Remember Why I'm Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfatfool2
i have to tell you all that it's been @ least 20 yrs since i was able to lose weight. i've been on every diet known to woman (as i'm sure all you have) but i recently found out that i have to have my gall bladder out due to stones. so i decided to go on a low fat diet, just so i can keep my GB under control until i have it removed...and low & behold i lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!

the moral of the story is...now this is just my humble opinion...if any of you ladies have trouble losing weight on Atkins, low carbs, etc, they don't seem to work on women...i was on atkins & low carb for 1 1/2 mon. and lost maybe 3 lbs. i've been on this low fat diets for now 2 1/2 weeks and lost weight without really trying...low fat is so much healthly for women...REMEMBER women are born with FAT CELLS, even the skinnest of women have fat cells.

i do have skim milk which i used to drink half & half or whole milk. i eat bread ladies!!! i try to eat whole wheat, but if i want a 1/2 of a hero or sub i do. i'v e had rice & pototoes not fried or with butter though...so you guys can do it!! take it from someone who never could lose the weight. oh i was also on the oprah no white stuff and didn't lose weight...

so let's all hang in there together...

Welcome to you lff2!
I'm not sure what diet i'll use. At this point I'm just watching what I put in my mouth. lol... and not putting the junk food in it! I'll be talking to my dr about it seriously though. If you are interested in a friend of a friend story, I have a friend who had gallbladder issues and went completely no fat in her diet. She dropped a lot of weight and looks wonderful to this day. Another lifestyle that's not for everyone, but it's worked for her for 8 years now. Good luck you you gf!

Dee~
Old 09-22-2005, 09:07 AM   #8  

Default Hi Dee...

thanks for the encouragement.

i could kick myself...all those years wasted on stupid diets and the one that makes sense, low fat, and i lose without trying. that's pretty scarry...oh boy!

here's to all of us...to success in all we do...(clinkling glasses together)

God Bless...
Closed Thread