Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Hiya, I'm new

well lets see. I'm 23. I'm from Jacksonville, NC. I've always been "big", as far back as I can remember. There was a time, right after highschoo, where I lost 80lbs and kept it off. Then I got in a car wreck and was pretty much unable to do ANYTHING for like 6 months. And now I've put all this weight on. I'm at my biggest 249lbs (just weighed myself before i got in the shower) as of today. And i REALLY REALLY want to lose the weight. For my health and for me.

Anyhoo, I'd really like to get down to 160. Thats my goal. I know its going to take alot of time and effort, but i KNOW i can do it.

If someone would like to buddy up with me email me please [email protected]
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #2  
Miracles Happen

Hi Welcome
I'm Tia-- new here too. Looks like a really nice forum here and the people are really supportive.
Take care,
Tia
Old 09-12-2005, 01:26 AM   #3  

Yea. I've been reading around in it a bit. They do seem like a nice bunch of people.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:31 AM   #4  

I do have some questions though

Like what is a reasonable short-term goal.

I'm afraid to overwhelm myself and make myself fail like ive do OH so many times in the past.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #5  
Miracles Happen

Wish I could answer that one for ya. My view is probably totally warped! In the past year, I've gained on average a pound a week... so maybe losing a pound a week is a good goal? I don't know
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #6  
thickchic wannab fitchic

S/C/G: 193/193/150

Height: 5'8

I heard that 2 pounds a week is a good weight loss goal to start yourself at.
I'm new too.. Im 19 years old and I weigh 187 pounds as of today.. I live in metro Atlanta, I was hoping to find some encouragement and good advice.. and possibly some life long friends! You can email me at [email protected]. Good luck to all!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #7  

Hmm...

I was talkin to my boyfriend and he doesnt know either.

I was thinking like 10lbs a month...does that sound to much. I know everyone is different. But I'm so afraid that i'll want to lose more then can be done correctly and overwhelm, ya know?
Old 09-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #8  

Hi there!
A good 1st goal is 10% of your body weight...so if you are 200lbs, 20 is a reasonable short term goal...then just keep going from there. It also helps to set your goals ahead of time, then give yourself a reward with each. mine is 10% off and I'm treating myself to a manicure and pedicure...and when I reach my goal weight it's a shopping spree at Kenneth Cole! Good luck!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 PM   #9  

hey girls! I'd love to have a buddy!. I'm 20, 21 next month live in MD and have about 60 pounds I want to lose...I'm not exactly focused on the number on the scale though, i would much rather be able to go into a store and buy whatever i want without praying i'll be able to fit into the biggest size, and that it wont be tight!

if you want to talk then feel free to email me at bmd1011 @ hotmail . com ----just take out the spaces! haha i dont want the mods sending me a message about posting my email address, or getting any junk mail from here.

and i'm ALWAYS on aol instant messenger so if you want to add me let me know, and i'll give you my name!
Closed Thread