Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #1  

Talking Hello from Georgia!

Hey ya'll! I am so lucky that my best friend stumbled upon this forum and emailed the link to me! I have read through quite a few posts on here and decided I might as well go ahead and get this first post underway!

I'm trying to lose weight, again, for the millionth time it seems...LOL! Only this time I have my best friend and my sister at my side joining me. I hope it makes this journey much easier and we can keep one another on our toes!

This time is a little different for me as I have a really strong reason to make this work this time. My health. Yes it was always a factor before but now more than ever. I'm sad that it took me getting a herniated disk and being in alot of pain to realize what I need to do - but better late than never, right! I am ready to do what I need to do to get this weight off! I'm glad to have found such a great community, full of people who truly understand what I am going through and how I am feeling! Looking forward to many more posts here!

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #2  

Default i'm the sister, YAY!

i'm the sister, but i'm a little sleepy and i don't know what to write.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:03 AM   #3  

I'm sleepy too..sudden case of insomnia is seems *sigh*
Old 08-17-2005, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hey lovely ladies -- I thought it would be best to make my first post here with you guys.

I know we look forward to getting to know you all. What an AWESOME group of folks we have found here and I hope we fit in well.

Warmest Wishes!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Yall! I love your names, Sweet Tea! I'm from Ky. (originally) and my mom still makes sweet tea! So sweet it hurts your teeth to drink it! That can't be good for a diet!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me
Hi, Yall! I love your names, Sweet Tea! I'm from Ky. (originally) and my mom still makes sweet tea! So sweet it hurts your teeth to drink it! That can't be good for a diet!

Not good for the diet but oh soooo divine. We like to say that "we like a little tea with our sugar." It's the house wine of the south and I have unfortunatly been addicted. I've got my fingers crossed and my splenda ready....
Old 08-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #7  

Splenda is what I prefer too. it has less after taste than the others. I've broken the habit of the sweet tea and Iknow yu can too! Lots of other things I still have to work through! I'm getting there one step, one day at a time!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #8  

We can do it!! I haven't had sweet tea in three days now! Count em..THREE DAYS gals! I think I will be fine till I go over to "Sweet Tea's" house tomorrow night. It seems that as soon as I walk in her door I am pouring myself a glass of ice cold sweet tea! I have faith in us tho!

Thanks for your warm welcome slim me
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #9  

LOL -- I have not made sweet tea at all this week even though Bear has been asking for it. Maybe we'll break out the unsweet and see if we die drinking it. Oh the horror... just kidding .
Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 AM   #10  

Just the thought of unsweetened tea! YIKES! LOL
Old 08-18-2005, 08:30 AM   #11  

Default Hi

You girls stick together..no sweet tea! I don't think I could get used to drinking unsweetened tea either, but you wouldn't die! Would you? It takes a while to get used to the taste of an thing new but I've gotten used to a lot of them. I actually like diet pop (diet rite) and I drink skim milk (whole milk tastes like cream now). It's just adjusting your taste buds. And those things you can you can just "quit". You still have to have food to survive, you can't just cut it out! I'm learning better ways to cook and my taste buds are adjusting. Freda
Old 08-18-2005, 08:52 AM   #12  

Red face no sweet tea? :O :|

i used to only drink regular soda and now i can't! not sure about the unsweetened tea, seems un American. lol i could probably do it with splenda. ok, but i could DEFINITELY NOT do the skim milk LOL it's like water to me. well, i like water if it's really ice cold.. so maybe if i trick myself into thinkin' i'm drinking water. ok, i'm gonna look around here befire i leave for work. being new + forums make me nervous. haha
Old 08-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #13  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies...it's good to see more georgia peaches on the board! Would you believe I haven't had sweet tea in nearly 3 months? I know, I know, I'm going to get deported to Alabama or something...LOL. I'll actually be coming down I-95 in your area at about 4am Saturday morning...I'll yell "hey" out the window and y'all see if you can hear me!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 PM   #14  

This is fun, I like this place! LOL! Its so nice to talk to so many nice people with such great attitudes!

I can definately do diet soda but I also drink my share of water too.

I am still not sure about the whole "unsweetened tea" thing tho. Isn't that just...brown water?? Ewwee

Off topic but... I love this lil guy ----->
Old 08-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChristy
Hey ladies...it's good to see more georgia peaches on the board! Would you believe I haven't had sweet tea in nearly 3 months? I know, I know, I'm going to get deported to Alabama or something...LOL. I'll actually be coming down I-95 in your area at about 4am Saturday morning...I'll yell "hey" out the window and y'all see if you can hear me!

We'll be listening for you!! Give a huge holler!!
Closed Thread