Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #1  

Smile Hello!

I'm 28 years old, and have been on a diet since late March. So far I've lost 22 kilos (about 48 pounds...if the converter I just used is correct ), but there's still a long way to go - I now weight 109 kilos (about 240 pounds). This is far from my first diet, but it's the first one that seems to be working. I guess a lot of it has to do with my own attitude... I take it very, very easy. I gain weight very easily, and it takes forever to come off again. But this time, I promised myself from the beginning that just because some people might be able to get the weight off faster than me, it wasn't going to discourage me from losing it too - even if it might take me a little longer. And the funny thing is, I seem to be losing weight a little faster now than I have before, so I guess the right attitude really does matter The weight still gets stuck constantly, but this time I've learned that with a lot of patience, it'll get stuck on lower and lower numbers. My diet itself is my own combination of all the diets I've been on in the past - it's what I've found works for me personally. An important part of it for me is freedom - I'll have a piece of chocolate or a nice dinner now and then, without feeling guilty, and I'm honestly very lazy when it comes to exercise... but somehow, I've found the right balance, and it works for me... slowly... but it works
Old 08-06-2005, 12:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Ligeia,
Congrats on the weight loss thus far. I too am kinda following my own plan, I started out counting calories to get to know how much food I should be eating. I don't necessarily coun't now, just watch how much I eat. It is much easier than sticking to some strict diet.
If you want a buddy I will be here, I check in about once a day sometimes more than that. I have learned that there is a lot of great people here, and tons of great advice. Good luck on losing the rest of your weight.
Jen
Old 08-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #3  

Thank you! I've discovered that I actually have a pretty good idea about what I should or shouldn't eat - the problem is I need to listen to myself more
Old 08-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

I know what you mean about knowing what is right and actually doing it, but I have found that it gets easier with time. It is amazing how much my cravings have changed, I find that I don't always want the wrong things anymore, but don't get me wrong, I do still get chocolate cravings.
Jen
Old 08-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #5  

Me too, but now if I think about eating as much sugar or fat foods as I used to, it actually makes me lose my appetite. Now that I'm used to another way of eating, I am not even able to eat like I used to - I would have to practice for a while first The few times I've thought I could eat/drink as much sugar as I used to, it literally made me sick!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #6  

Default hello

Hi there, you mada a great lost! Bravo!

What are you eating during the day, how many meals?

I see that you are using kg not pounds, were are you from?

I am 31 year old, have around 111 kg (222 pounds?) and 1,68 m (5'6).

I like you spirit! How do you feel now, 20 kg lighter? How does it feel?

Wolud you like to be my e-mail buddy?
Old 08-12-2005, 05:48 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by point
Hi there, you mada a great lost! Bravo!

What are you eating during the day, how many meals?
3 meals works best for me, and I mostly eat a lot of vegetable soups and tuna. There's nothing I try to stay away from completely (like no sugar or no fat etc.), I just try to use my head and not eat too much of any of it.

Quote:
I see that you are using kg not pounds, were are you from?
Denmark

Quote:
How do you feel now, 20 kg lighter? How does it feel?
I'm still a large lady, so people who haven't seen how I used to look still just sees me as overweight, so I don't feel a change in that way, but it does feel very nice to be able to fit into clothes that I couldn't fit into a few months ago - they may still be XXL, but when I started this diet and I could hardly find sweeatpants that fit me, I would have done anything to get to this point where I can actually go buy a pair of jeans. I think it's important to try to enjoy what you have achieved so far, even if you haven't reached your goal yet - and remember that there was a time where you would have been jealous at someone with the same weight as you have now. Also, my health is a lot better, that's probably what I have noticed more than anything.

Quote:
Wolud you like to be my e-mail buddy?
Of course! You can PM me your address if you like, and I'll send you an e-mail
Closed Thread