Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:45 PM   #1  

Default Philly Phattie Needs Phriends

I have joined weight watchers again (too many times to count) but this time is different.
This time I am determined to succeed.
I am doing things differently. I am even thinking differently.

I am looking for someone who is sick and tired of being "on a diet" and wants to lose the weight by following the weight watchers life plan.

My hope is that we could support and encourage each other.

I am 50 years old and weigh 188 pounds.
My goal is 145.
I live in Philadelphia, PA.
I have been on a diet off and on for my whole life.
This insanity has to stop.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #2  

Hi Philly,
I'm new, 45 years old and while not on WW I too will never diet again. I am doing the Fat Fallacy, French Chic way of life and I love it. I am determined to lose this weight once and for all. Like you, my mindset has changed and it is such a relief to get off the diet merry-go-round. I would love to have a buddy.
Gina
Old 08-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #3  

Hi ladies, I'd like to check in with you too. I'm 46 and currently 181 lbs. I've been on this "health journey" seriously for one year. I've lost 30lbs and made some good fitness strides. I really want to reach my goal of 150 by next June (or earlier). I find that it's a struggle and in the past year I've made some great strides and had some defeats as well.
My diet plan of choice is counting calories. I try for 1500 a day. I need to make choices very similar to weight watchers in order to feel good, be healthy and lose weight.

I just started a new thread on the support group site if you want to join me and others. We check in daily and list our foods, triumphs and challenges. The site is called "Join Us - Daily Check In II." We'd love some new people and new ideas to continue our journey toward healthier, slimmer selves. I wish you lots and lots of success on your journey.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #4  

Hi ladies,
I'm 43 and just started Weight Watchers again. I've lost on Weight Watchers before and was doing really well until this past winter and I gained 20 lbs back. I had to do something before it became 30, 40 or 50 lbs. I'm looking for a buddy who understands how difficult it is to lose weight when you are over 40.

Hey Philly, I live in Lancaster, PA.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #5  

Default Hi Phillie Pfriend

Join the crowd - or masses - as it may be. I am 54 and in the same boat. It is so sad that I can control so much of my life and cannot control the eating. My bad time is after dinner - I feel like it is open season on the fridge and eat until it is time to go to bed. Sad, sad, sad.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Every one, Add my name to the crowd! I'm 56 and just can't seem to loose now. It was never easy, but it's gotten harder. I feel like if it's this hard now, what is it going to be like later? So, take it off now and keep it off! I, too, want to eat in the evening. I do finde all day, and come evening I just want to snack! I've tried many things to keep the hands busy but haven't come up with anything successful yet. How about you? What's your secrets?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone...You guys are a sight for sore eyes. I'm 47 and have been on a diet since I was 10. I also lost lbs. on WW (8/1/05) 13 years ago and have started back on the points system on my own. I weight in every morning and keep my head held high. I have lost 3 lbs. and have 47 to go. I would love to join you. Has anyone tried the single packets of Crystal light that you just pour into your water bottle and shake? It's great and I will get my 98 ounces of water in for sure. aerodawn
Closed Thread