Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 AM   #1  

Default Hi! newbie looking for buddy.

Hi everybody. I'm so glad to have found this place. I'm a mom of 2 boys, 6 years old and my new baby only 3 1/2 months. I've pretty much had a weight problem since I got married, because my husband and I are big eaters and we found each other lol. With my first pregnancy I gained about 45 pounds and didn't lose much, and as of last year I was 220 pounds when I got pregnant. Now I've lost some weight walking and stuff but I"m still at 218 and I would like to go back to my pre-marriage weight of 125. I can't take anything because I'm still nursing, so diet pills are out, but I'm really commited to losing this weight. I'm tired of being the fat one in the family. My mom is 120 pounds and my sister is 118. I feel like such a whale when I look at our pictures together. It makes me so sad. Anyway, If anybody wants to buddy up with me, write or send me an email and we can lose weight together!!
Cya'll later!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:15 AM   #2  

Oh My, Your story totally sounds like mine. For the longest time since before I got married 4 1/2 years ago, I weighted 120 lbs. We also love eating (lots). I ended up gaining 30 lbs. then when I was pregnant with my son, at my last weigh-in, I weighed 209 lbs. I can't tell you how devistated I was, I cryed that night. I told my husband that after he would be born he and the placenta would take up 20 lbs and the rest I would be stuck with. To say the least after he was born I did not weigh myself. I too breastfeed, I can tell you that help alot to bring down the weight.
My son is now 11 months old, in that time I've lost 30 lbs. I still need 25 lbs to go. to get to my goal weight of 120 lbs. I totally understand your situation when it comes to the breastfeeding. I don't eat as much pretty much like I did before my husband and I got married a little here and there. But the only difference is that I am eating more veggies.
I am currently doing Tae Bo and walking 6 days of the week. But I just started this last week. I was feeling frustrated this morning b/c For some reason the scale showed that gained 1 1/2 lbs. anyway, I'm going to try to not let it bother me. I do not like to exercise at all, if anything I do it in the morning just to get it out of the way.
I would like to be your buddy. If you need some encouragement or motivation you can PM me. I will help you. We can help each other through this.
Closed Thread