Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #1  

Default Any Alabama girls looking for a buddy?

Just started this forum and was hoping to find some fellow Alabamians that might be interested in buddying up, possibly e-mailing each other. Lord knows I could use friendly support.
PM me if interested
Old 07-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #2  

Unhappy AL buddy

I just found this website and am also from AL. I need all the support I can get. I have just weighed and weigh more than I ever have in my life. As I sit here in tears my husband says well you know what to do just do it. Why can;t I? Any advice?
Old 07-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #3  

I know it's hard to look at that scale. It can be overwhelming. The best way for me was to take it in small steps, 5 or 10 lbs at a time. I found it easier not to say ok I'm on a diet, but to face each meal and think what would be a healthier food choice than that burger and fries. Sometimes I get the burger and take the bread off. The South Beach Diet helped me get a good start and is not too hard to work with. I just take each day as a new beginning and set a goal for that day- drink more water, or walk for 30 min. Something like that. Don't get depressed if one day you backslide. Just say ok that was my free day now back to being healthy. Think life change not diet.
That's what works for me.
I'll send you my e-mail in a PM.
Go out & start a new day!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:39 AM   #4  
Holly

i'm a mississippian, but i live about 10 miles from the alabama line...does that count?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #5  

The more the merrier! I'll send a Pm to ya with my email. Look forward to hearing from you.
Closed Thread