Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #1  
Lucy59

Default New to the site,and desperate

Hi everyone
I am new to the site,but I am really interested in learning more about it,I am a 59 year old lady from eastern Ky,and I have been fighting the battle of the buldge for all of my adult life. I have always been pretty active and never did let the weight get me down,but as age and arthur caught up with me it has slowed me down,and I am going to have to do something about it,I need all the support and encouragement I can get.I enjoy reading all the stories about peoples success with loosing the weight,and also knowing that there are so many people out there that are in the same boat I am in. Sometimes I think I am the only one that it having this problem,but I know better,and I know it takes a lot of will power and support from friends to be able to win thet battle. I need a buddy,or lots of buddies and I will be looking forward to hearing from anyone.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Lucy59,

Welcome ~ I hope you like it here as much as I do. The people here are so kind, understanding and helpful. It has been such a comfort to me to have a place to come and share with others who understand how I am feeling.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Lucy, I didn't gain weight untill after I was married and had my son, and it's been a constant battle ever since. I usually manage to keep it pretty well under controle, but an accident left me with a bad back that makes it hard to exercise at times. And that old "arthur"! He sure can be a pain, can't he? I'm from south Eastern Ky also, or I was born there. I've been here in Michigan for a long time, but i'm still a Southern Girl! I'm also 57. Not too many our age here. You can e-mail me at [email protected].
Old 07-12-2005, 07:48 AM   #4  

Welcome Lucy you have come to the right place this is a great place to come and get all the supposr tyou need.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #5  
Lucy59

Hi all
Thanks so much for the replys,it is so encouraging.I had to have surgery on my spine in April,and have been pretty down for the last couple months,I am doing much better now,and hope to get he brace off soon. Hi to the former Ky lady, where are you from in Ky I am 50 miles east of Lexington Clay City. have been here all my life.
Well I have to be off now,have an appointment with the dog groomer,can`t be late. Hope to hear from all of you often and good luck,and God bless.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Hi Lucy, I'm originally from Harlan, ky. It's right on the south eastern border, ajoining Tenn, and Va. I live about 5 miles from the Va, border. Or should say, lived. I have lived in Michigan for so long that this should be "home" but I will always be a southern girl at heart! I too have a bad back. A couple of bulging discs that make it impossible for me to do some exercises. I can walk though, and that's what I usually do. I also lift weights. And I ride my bike now that I finally got it out of the attic and fixed. I discovered I had thigh muscles yesterday! I thought my legs were strong from all the walking I do, but guess not!!!! How long have you had the back brace on? How much longer? I have thought about surgery, but i'm not at that point yet.

What kind of dog do lyou have? We have a little Shih Tzu named Benny Dog. You'd never guess the kids helped us name him, would you? He's due for the groomer Friday.

Looking forward to hearing from you, Freda
Old 07-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #7  
Lucy59

Hi Freda
Glad to hear from you again, I know where Harlan is. I know what you mean about always being a southern girl,I would never want to leave Ky,we went to Flordia one time and stayed a month,and had to come back home. It was t far away from my home and parents for me to be satisfied.
I had surg on my neck,I had three herniated discs and two buldging discs,and they had to fuse the three that were herniated and put in a bone graft,I had the surg the 14th of April,and will have to wear the brace until Sept,that is unless I can talk him into letting me take it off sooner.I go back to him the 19th of this month,I am hoping he will let me take it off.It is miserable,I have to wear it all the time,to sleep and all.It is so hot and we have been working at our church building a youth center for our bus children,I have not been able to do much work but I love to go feel like I am involved,but with no air on yet it is miserable,so I am definately ready to get rid of it.
Well we have something in common,you are an RN,I am an LPN I work at the nursing home in Stanton Ky,or that is where I worked before I had surg,don`t know if I will be able to go back or not,the Dr says he is not sure if I will be able to work again,he said if I do it will be with strict lifting restrictions,and you know there are no lifting restrictions in nursing, at least in a nursing home. I worked at the St Joseph Hosp in Lexington for 13 years I really loved it there,I worked on the Med Surg and orthopedic floor.I have been at the nursing home for 4 years,and have gotten more use to it,I was pretty overwhelmed when I first went there,nursing home work is a lot different than Hospital.Where do you work.
You ask about my dog,I have a minature Poodle,she is white,her name is Penny,but the one I was taking to the groomer was my mom`s she is a shih Tzu.
We love our dogs,they are like our children, my children are grown,my daughter is 38,and lives in Virginia{Alta Vista} and my son is 22 and still lives at home, I have 3 grand children,my daughters, I don`t get to be with them much, which is really bad,I miss seeing them I envy these people who get to be with their grand children all the time. Well I guess this is long enough,I didn`t mean to make it so long.
Hope to hear from you again soon.
Lucille
Closed Thread