Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:42 AM   #1  

Default lookin for a ww buddie

I am on week 17 of weight watchers. I have lost 18 lbs. (all of that in weeks 1-12), I need a jump start. The past few weeks I am maintaining, or going up one week down the next. I really need some help keeping motivated! Any suggestions? Mary
Old 07-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #2  

Mary, congrats on the 18 lb loss. That's great! I'm doing WW too and have a couple of suggestions: Drink lots of water and try something different. If you usually eat small breakfasts, try eating more in the morning. If you usually walk for exercise, try swimming or biking. Don't give up on the program, just try something new with it. Plateaus are hard to break but it can be done. Hang in there!
Laura
Old 07-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #3  

Thanks southern gal. I know ww works for me, it is just hard to stay focused. Do you do core or flex? I am on flex, I don't think I could do core. Mary
Old 07-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #4  

I am on Flex as well and really like it.Tina
Old 07-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #5  

hi Tina, I like flex too. I am having trouble writing everything down. I am past the "honeymoon" phase of weight watchers and an getting bored. How long have you been doing ww? Have you had success? Mary
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #6  

Hello all. I'm new to 3FC and I'm also attempting WW. I'm as low as low can be when it comes to depression. I need help staying motivated and not giving in to food. I found this website and was hoping others could help me. I've tried a diet buddy but they always give up. I started WW again today. Need help!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Tigger...I started WW Core on February 2 and to date have now lost 55 lbs. I'd be happy to answer any questions about Core if you need help.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #8  

Hi Mary (and Tina and Tigger!),
I've been on Flex for almost 6 weeks. I have problems with portion control so Core gives me too much leeway. I love the WW program and it works. I lost 60 llbs on the program a few years back and kept it off for a couple of years before I started gaining it back. This time I'm determined to get to goal and stay there. I AM SICK OF BEING FAT!!!
I know what you mean about getting bored. I bought a couple of new cookbooks and am trying new recipes to keep myself going. Staying motivated is a big part of weight loss as far as I am concerned. Hopefully we can keep each other going here!!!
How are you guys doing on exercise? That is a big problem for me. Too much to do and too little time...
Laura
Old 07-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #9  

I found a walking friend and that really helps keep me going. I am up to 5 miles 3 or 4 days a week (15 minute miles). I feel good, but since I started walking, I haven't lost a single pound! I know muscle weighs more than fat, but come on.............my measuring tape is saying the same thing too. I think all that walking is making my hungry! Has anyone else had that trouble? Mary
Old 07-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #10  

Mary,
It is bound to pay off in the long run! Just keep telling yourself that exercise is good for you. At least you are doing something - I just can't get motivated to walk in the 90+ degree Georgia heat. I know I need to exercise but I hit and miss at it rather than making a schedule and sticking to it. And right now, I really have no excuse - I'm a teacher and off for the summer!
What are you eating for snacks when the walking makes you hungry? Could that be the problem? Are you drinking enough water? You probably need more to stay hydrated since you are exercising.
I think it is great that you can do a 15 minute mile and are up to 5 miles. Wow! I'm really impressed - especially since it takes all I can do to walk a mile in 20 minutes! Keep it up. You will break through that plateau!!!
Laura
Closed Thread