Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #1  

Default Newbie in need of a buddy! Please!

Hi,

I am Lolita.

I need to lose weight big time! I am sick and tired of being over weight and I am finally ready to stop fooling around and loose the extra pounds. I have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go though. I need to loose 132 lbs to get to my goal weight. I am hoping to loose it within a year and a few months. So by the end of the summer of 06.. I am hoping to be fit and trim.

For right now, I have set a goal at 10 lbs by the end of July. I figure if I start out small and realistic I will have a better chance. I just bought a really neat Weight Watchers Scale, I joined the local YMCA, signed up for Karate classes, and have my own in home gym with treadmill and even a punching bag. I have also decided to start walking in the park which has a mile and a half trail.

My biggest problem has been motivation. Even though I am young (28), I am sort of a loner and I don't really know anyone that is over weight. So I am here looking for some friends to share this struggle with and to help keep me motivated to loose the pounds.

So if anyone wants to be buddies with a 28 year old woman that need to loose some major weight and really wants to give it her best try by all means please drop me some lines and perhaps we can become email buddies!!!!

Thanks,
Lo
Old 06-29-2005, 01:20 AM   #2  

Hi Lolita

You sound like you are in the same boat as me - although I must admit I have not got the resources you seem to have at the moment.

I am 27 and am estimating my current weight at 265lbs although I have not weighed myself for a couple of years. We haven't got scales at home and I am not sure if I want to buy them. They used to do nothing but depress me. Anyway I am looking to lose about 100lbs to reach my goal and will focus mainly on a low GI diet. Basically my major goal is to be size 10 AUS clothes (size 8 US).

Happy to buddy up and do it together. I need some support and am happy to give the same to you.

Ange
Old 06-29-2005, 01:45 AM   #3  

Ange,

First off thanks a lot for posting. I was worried no one would post to me at all..LOL! So I really appreciate it!

If you do weigh 265, then we are really in the same boat. I weigh 260. My highest weight was 265. I would absolutely LOVE to buddy up with you.

Here are my stats: all US

Current Weight: 260 lbs
Goal Weight: 128 lbs
Current Clothing size: 22
Goal Clothing size: 8
The Plan I am doing is the 90/10 Weight-Loss Plan by Joy Bauer. It's 90% healthy foods and 10% Fun (junk) foods.

My first mini goal is to loose 10 lbs by the end of July. I will send you a private message so we can exchange emails! Looking forward to us working together!

Lo
Old 06-29-2005, 08:04 AM   #4  
Thin taste better

S/C/G: 230/215/170

Height: 5ft

Hi lolita

I have also discovered that the best motivation is support. In my teens I was very thin, but after I gave birth to my first child, weight as been a issue for me. I have been on several different diets over the past few years and I always reach my goal weight but maintanance is my problem. I lose the weight then I forget about what it took to get me there and before I know it the weight has piled back on. This time I am taking a slightly different approach I am trying to be more committed and not think of it as a diet but a lifestyle change, this time moderation is the key for me eat I what every I like as long as I dont go over a certain amont of calories I have been doing this for 2 months now and I had lost 22 lbs but I gained 4lbs back because I am an emotional eater and when I get stressed I eat, that's when I joined 3fatchicks and thanks to the support of the group I have lost 2 of those 4lbs and my motivation is high, so I congradulate you in taking the most hardest step getting started. It is not going to be easy, some days will be better that others but always REMEMBER TO COUNT YOUR SUCCESSES AND NOT YOUR SETBACK
Closed Thread