Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/258/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Caution! Long-winded newbie. :D

Yep. I happened to be shopping online for some nice clothing in my size, and I stumbled upon this place.

I've been meaning to lose weight since my daughter was born. I used to be this cute, semi-chubby, but healthy girl...and now I don't feel so great about my image. Mandatory bed-rest ensured a massive weight gain that I still haven't recovered from.

But then I saw this site...and this is exactly what I need. A community of people to encourage me through the hard parts of weight loss, and to offer a wish of congrats when I do well. I don't have much in the way of support in real life, I'm afraid.

I'm also afraid I'm very long-winded. I had intended just to say "Hi, I'm new", but now you guys know my story as well. XD

Anyhow, if anyone has any pointers about the site...things I should know, or look at...that'd be super. I'm not completely forum-illiterate, as I spend a good chunk of my free time on a different forum, and have for the past 2 years, but every forum is different, and has different expectations, and I'd like to respect that.

Okay, I'm done rambling, I swear. XD
Old 06-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #2  
Almost There..

Oh my God.. I never thought I'd see another person use that smiley here! XD ::ahem:: Sorry, anyhoo.

Welcome to 3FC. I'm newish here as well, and I love it. If you want somebody to talk to, I'm almost always on MSN.

As for pointers, I don't think I have any. This forum seems pretty much like any other, except it doesn't have jerks and everyone's supportive. o_O;
Old 06-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #3  

Too much time spent on a particular anime forum has given me the "XD" abuse habit.

It's good that everyone's pretty nice here. I'm used to being on a forum where you get eaten alive for saying the wrong thing, or posting in the wrong place, which has made me reeeeally careful about other forums.

Thanks! :3
Old 06-21-2005, 08:43 PM   #4  
Almost There..

I hear ya. Ever been on Gaia? Now there are a bunch of jerks!

Ditto on the anime forums. Impossible to break the habit, ain't it?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #5  

Hi Lady Luck, some pointers for ya:
the site really supports all folks looking to eat a healthier way..some folks are on commercial plans like WW , LAWL, Atkins,Sugar busters or South Beach etc.. Some folks count calories, some do their own thang...or do combinations of plans. Hey whatever works for you!
All the forums are warm and welcoming... .Most all the forums here have "Stickys" that give somewhat of a general description of the Way of Eating...

"Lurk" a bit, read the stickies in each room, read the success stories etc and visit the daily chat threads... You don't need an invitation, all it takes is a post to say hi, and you will be welcomed with open arms.
Good luck 2 u,,
Old 06-22-2005, 06:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invidia
I hear ya. Ever been on Gaia? Now there are a bunch of jerks!

Ditto on the anime forums. Impossible to break the habit, ain't it?
Most of those jerks are my friends. It's the forum I mentioned in my first post. XD But I won't deny it, they're absolutely awful to people who make mistakes. It's kind of like someone throwing you in the water to learn how to swim...except on Gaia, the water is infested with sharks. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Hi Lady Luck, some pointers for ya:
the site really supports all folks looking to eat a healthier way..some folks are on commercial plans like WW , LAWL, Atkins,Sugar busters or South Beach etc.. Some folks count calories, some do their own thang...or do combinations of plans. Hey whatever works for you!
All the forums are warm and welcoming... .Most all the forums here have "Stickys" that give somewhat of a general description of the Way of Eating...

"Lurk" a bit, read the stickies in each room, read the success stories etc and visit the daily chat threads... You don't need an invitation, all it takes is a post to say hi, and you will be welcomed with open arms.
Good luck 2 u,,
Yeah, I think I'm kinda doing my own thing...mostly just cutting back on the fat and soda and junk. I'm not so great at following a set diet...I tend to lapse, and then beat myself up so bad over it I just give up. And that doesn't really get a girl very far. I figure with the support here, I'll at least be able to stay motivated to watch what I eat, even if I'm not doing it by a set of strict rules.

Thanks for the info!
Closed Thread