Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default "The Final Stretch" Need buddy(s) please!

I am getting close to where my original goal was set, and finding it getting more and more difficult to both find something that works, and get it working!

I am looking for people in the same boat as me that I can toss ideas and rants at, frustrations and celebrations. Support, encouragement and good old fashioned friendliness.

I am 28, and currently weight 146 pounds. I started my journey last August at 191 pounds so I've come a good ways so far. I first started with South Beach Diet: It worked fabulously, but I live with my older sister and her husband, and she does the cooking. It does require a lot of prep-time and food planning. Fast food lunches, as I am prone to do to 'get away from the office' were a hard obstacle. I did that through the Holidays, where it tapered off to just 'mindful choices' and I managed to hold my weight at about 160-165 there. Come February I decided that if I wasn't doing anything, then it probably wouldn't work. I joined Weight Watchers and the first three weeks were GREAT! I lost 3.8, 4.0 and 1.6. Now, going in to week 13 tonight - I am frustrated and annoyed. I have lost a total of 14lbs in the whole time, which means, yes, I have only lost 4.6 pounds in the last TEN WEEKS!

So, I figured maybe it gets harder when you get closer to your goal. Or it might be that what worked for me eight weeks ago, doesn't work the same now. Thus, the need for buddies!

I picked 130 as my goal weight. However, after seeing other people and their goals, I am starting to think that would still be too big. I am 5'2", very athletic and sporty - (Read: Tomboy) So I dunno.

Anyway, if this sounds familiar to anyone, and they'd like to join up and toss ideas and support around, that'd be awesome! I am addicted to forums, so check daily, multiple times, all the time... nonstop.

-Renee
Old 05-16-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  
I believe in Futures

Hi Renee,

Well, I'm on week 3 of my diet plateau, but I've also come to the realization that the scale may never budge again, so I'm leaning towards maintenance right now. But if weight starts coming off, all the better!

4.6 pounds in the last TEN WEEKS may not seem like a major loss to you, considering your weight loss was probably much larger at the beginning of your diet, but it's a loss nonetheless! Good job and keep it up! I've heard so much about Weight Watchers and after reading through some threads, I'm tempting to join. What has your experience been like? You seemed like you were doing well before joining WW, so I'd like to know your perspective.

Congrats on all the hard work and keep me posted!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #3  

It's a great, livable life-style! That's for sure. I did it five years ago, (the last time I had reached my goal weight) when I only needed to lose about 20 pounds - and it came off in like 2-3 months. The plan has changed, slightly (still the same really, just tweaked) and this time has been so much slower.

I think that it comes from my being so much more active these days. I play softball twice a week, one practice, one game. I do an hour of cardio six times a week and 3 days a week of strength training. I've been tracking my food on another program, and it breaks down where your calories come from and such, and then subtracts calories burnt during workouts to give you your net calories. It has a graph that shows the 'weight loss zone' and I always fall below it with not -enough- calories.
I'm going to ask my team leader about that tonight and see what she suggests.

It's a solid plan with good fundamentals and it's easy. You can still live at the fast food places (albeit with having to make much pickier choices) and lose weight. I even have Dairy Queen 2x a week usually. (Small cones - but they are still a treat)
Closed Thread