Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default new here!!

Hi, my name is Laura, i'm 36 soon 37 (april 20), i'm married with 3 boys...17,12 & 6.

I have high blood pressure (188/106) and am medication for it, i weigh 232 pounds and would like to lose 72 pounds. However, i have absolutely NO willpower.
I am trying to stay salt-free , but have no weight loss plan worked out just yet. My doctor has given me Xenical but after reading a little bit about it...i'm terrified to use it lol

looking forward to this site for encouragement!!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #2  

hey laura! welcome
i've only been on 3FC for a few days and have already met some great gals!!!
you can do it...we all can!!
Old 04-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #3  

Hi Laura! It's nice to meet you. I'm new too and it looks like we have a lot in common. I just turned 37 and I have about 90 pounds to lose and I have a 17 year old girl that keeps me hopping. I noticed you right away because you have a boxer posted next to your name. DH and I are mad about boxers, they're such fabulous dogs! Good luck on your weight loss, I know you can do it!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #4  
Made my Goal weight!

Laura

Hey, I know it isnt easy but you can totally do it. This site is WONDERFUL for gaining motivation and support when you need it the most. Also, seeing as you have kids you can totally get them involved whether it is letting them help making better eating choices or talking long walks, bike rides or chasing them around. I have 3 kids as well and find the more active I am with them the better they feel and I feel. Makes everyone happy!

Good Luck, you CAN do it. Lucky for you to be in St. Cath too...I am originally from Fort Erie and I miss Niagara like crazy. So enjoy!

Leanne

SW 204 (sept 21/04 - 9 months preg)
SW 190 (sept 25/04)
CW 124
Old 04-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #5  

hi laura, i am new also.....good luck to you!!! looking forward to chatting some time!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #6  

Hi Laura

I am also new here. I have used Xenical, we can buy it over the counter now here in Oz, all I can say is WHOA--UP watch out you dont eat much fat or get some nappies (diapers) lmao!

Good luck, today I woke feeling i have had enough, but I have felt like this before and lost my motiviation. I need to stop all social engagements for a while I think! It's the only way for me anyhow.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #7  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Lrissy,

I am new here too. I am 35 and have two daughters 5 and 6. That's where the weight came from.

Anyways, I noticed that you and I weigh about the same.

Wanna be buddies? :-)

I am doing the Atkins diet. I just started today. I have had a Slimfast reduced carb shake (total 6 grams of carbs) and a handful of nuts (total 6 grams of carbs).

I'm starving!

Edited to say that Slimfast shakes aren't on the Atkins diet, but my approach is really just the two week induction phase.

Anyways, let me know.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #8  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh yeah, my weight grid didn't show up. Hopefully it will this time.

BTW, my b-day was April 7!
Closed Thread