Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Buddy to lose 100 before I turn 30!

I want to lose the weight now! I will be 30 in Sept. and don't want to spend another decade over weight.

Melody
Old 03-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #2  

Hi Melody,
I have about 100 pounds to lose and have just started visiting this forum. I'm 44, and live in western tennessee.
What type of program are you following?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:54 PM   #3  

Hello girls!
I know exactly what you're talking about!! I have been big my entire life, and frankly, I'M SICK OF IT!!! I'm 29 y/o but feel 60! My birthday is in June, and I would LOVE to be a lot lighter by then! I would love to end in the 150's range. A couple of years ago I got down to 190, and it felt so good! I dont really know how in the world it crept back up to 255!! (okay, it had something to do with large portions, not exercising, and lots of sweets !!!) But my diabetes had come back with a vengence and my arthritis in my knees and feet are really bad, and so on! So I know I MUST do this, I can with the Lords help!

I have a really hard time on days that I dont work, and especially when DH is home! I did buy myself a treadmill, so that definately helps! I need someone to help me be acountable. My family, even though I love them so much, has NO understanding. I can always make excuses to myself, but not to others. I posted on boards before, and they help so much. I appreciate anyone who tries to help, and who understands!

Sorry this is so long, I tend to get long winded! Good Luck to all!

Kim
Old 04-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #4  
Starting over once again

I'm completely with you!! I'm 31 but feel waaay older than that. I have never in my life been thin but am ready to find out what it feels like. I joined the gym last night but actually go for my first workout after dh gets off work.

I'm from southeast Kentucky & have 2 kids... 6 & 7 y/o. As for what plan I'm following, I'm waiting to get results back from dd's doctor. We're almost positive that she has Celiac Disease & will have to abstain from wheat/rye/barley. If so, then we may go low carb. Or just become vegans. I don't know yet. For now, I'm just cutting back.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #5  

Hi I'm a 21 yr old mom of 2 and I currently weigh 213 I would like to lose maybe 60-80 pounds. I'm new to the site and would like to make friends on here but if your interested and know how please let me know!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Being overweight certainly has a negative effect on how one feels age-wise. In my 20's and 30's, I felt over 40...at least. Now that I'll be 40 in under 2 months, I feel like I'm in my 20's. I feel better than I did when I actually was in my 20s. And I'm sure I'm much healthier inside. I actually even look younger now than I did then. Weight really ages us.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyAM75
I want to lose the weight now! I will be 30 in Sept. and don't want to spend another decade over weight.

Melody

Sounds like I wrote that post! LOL Only I don't turn 30 til Oct. You know, if we all buddy up (and I remember to post here more) we can all do this!!!!!

I'm Jenn, btw - live in PA and have just about 100 to go. It sucks, I freely admit it. And it's slow going, but with spring here now, I think I'm a bit more motivated!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #8  

Default SPRING always revives me!!!

Spring always helps to motivate me!!! I love it so much, I think it is my favorite time of year!! I am so glad spring is here, because I definitely need some motivation!!!

100 lbs seems so FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR away!! But I am determined also! I just pray that when I do lose, I can KEEP it off!!

Good luck to everyone, together we can do it !!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy
Hi Melody,
I have about 100 pounds to lose and have just started visiting this forum. I'm 44, and live in western tennessee.
What type of program are you following?
I NEED TO LOOSE 100 AND I NEED A LOW FAT LOW CHOLESTEROL DIET PLAN. I LIVE IN NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI.
Closed Thread