Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:01 PM   #1  

Talking Hello...New Here..Need Major Support

Hi my name is Tina and I am new to the board. I live in Indiana and have 2 children. Claire age 5 1/2 and Ethan age 2 1/2. I am currently doing WW but just having a hard time sticking to it. I need a TON of support, motivation and help. I am hoping to find that here. This looks like a great place!

I currently weight 191 lbs and my goal is to get down to 140 lbs. I have done just about every diet you can think of....taken a couple of different diet pills and nothing has helped. I did lose 10 lbs on WW about 3 yrs ago right before I got pregnant with my son but have since gained it back and more. I am currently at the heaviest weight I have ever been (other than being pregnant). I do not like the way I look and am trying hard to change it but without success.

Right now I am really looking for some input and help to choose whether or not a low carb, low cal or WW would be good for me.

That's me in a nutshell

Tina
Old 03-21-2005, 04:41 PM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Hello Tina, welcome to this board ! Support is indeed something you'll find here, whether through PMs or on one of the numerous forums in here

Regarding what you could choose, it's a bit hard to advise, we don't all react to one eating plan the same way. Perhaps you could have a look at some of the forums here (South beach, Sugar Busters, Atkins, WW, etc...) and see their information threads about their respective meal plans, to see what they entail, and if they'd fit you or not? (I have a link to a webpage summarizing a certain amount of "diets", but said page is all in French, and I don't have an English counterpart for the moment, although this sure exists somewhere.) If you stick to an eating plan you're not "at ease" with, it doesn't help at all in staying motivated, things being already hard enough as they are! Perhaps WW isn't what suits you, but then, it's hard to tell, from an external point of view

In any case, I hope you can soon find a plan that works for you, whether WW or anything else! Good luck on the weight loss journey
Old 03-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #3  

Thumbs up I can relate!

Hi Tina I am in the same boat you are. I weighed 135 in 2001 and I peaked out at 216 in 2004. I decided to start body building again. I used to body build when I was younger and I was in great shape.

I joined the local gym and bough the Body for Life book by Bill Phillips and started working out. Its the dieting that I have trouble with. My boyfriend is very sedentary and loves to eat--late at night on weekends. I do great during the week, but come the weekend I really screw up.

I've tried the Atkins, the Fat Flush, the Zone, the Blood Type Diet and even eDiets to no avail. I've decided that I'm doing a low saturated fat diet. That means that my protein from red meat is somewhat limited. I've increased my intake of vegetables tremendously and I've kissed constipation goodbye!

Are you planning on working out moderately or heavily? I've heard that low carb diets don't give you a lot of energy for working out heavily. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! Let me know if I can help!

mickidee
Old 03-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #4  
DJ

Hi Tina
I am new here also, I am at my heaviest as well (185) I was about 155 2 years ago when I did Atkins, trouble is I love carbs, wine and parties so keeping it off is tough. I did WW a few times and stuck with it once. WW is really the diet for a lifetime because it teaches you portion control and that you can eat most things. My problem is I love both healthy food and junk food but I enjoy it all in large quantities. I also give into my constant cravings several times a day.

Each day I wake up determined to start back on some sort of program and by nightfall I go to bed having blown it. It is sick that I want to eat so much, my husband has been complaining bitterly about my weight yet I continue to sneak food when he is not looking. Every meal we eat together has him saying, are you going to eat that, I thought you were on a diet. This is crazy since we live on a lake and have several boats. A lot of our lifestyle revolves around boating in the summer so you would think I would have motivation. Anyway I am hoping that by visiting this web site when I am in the mood to give into my cravings I will get past them. So that's my story
Old 03-23-2005, 03:44 PM   #5  
Movin' right along...

Hi Tina! What plan on WW are you doing? I'm doing the Flex plan. I just started a week ago and love it so far. Welcome to the boards and good luck!

Love,
Deanne
Closed Thread