Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #1  

Smile a Newbie that nedds a buddy

Hey there everyone,
I need help!!!I'm 23 and living in NY I've just moved here from Europe and decided this is the year I will change.I just joined ww today and the gym I've got 40pounds to lose and would love to make friends with those in the same position ,to support and laugh along the way.have a great day ,
Tubby

Last edited by Tubby; 03-04-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #2  
No Uno Mas?

Hi Tubby,
Welcome to 3fc and WW. I know you will find all the support you need. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #3  

Hi, Tubby! I'm 34, and living in NY. (Welcome, Tubby! :-)
How do you like it here so far? If you're in NYC, you'll find that all of the walking is helpful to your weight-loss goals...as long as you avoid the street vendor's hot dogs and honey-roasted almonds along the way.
I'd also like to lose about 40 lbs., and would love the additional inspiration. And actually, I thought about joining WW today, too! (How weird is that??)
krisinnyc
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #4  

Thumbs up Hello

hey krisinnyc,
Thanks for the tip.I love it here everyone has been so friendly and sweet.I love have everything is huge.I keep getting lost though.I wander round for ages all the time and spends forever figuing out where I've gone wrong!but its exciting.Join ww today we can do it together.
take care ,

Tubby

Last edited by Tubby; 03-04-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #5  

Default Thanks

Hey Christalynn,
Thanks for welcoming me to 3fc ,I hope your have a great Journey too.
Good Luck
Tubby
Old 03-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #6  

Exclamation Newbie Needs Buddy

Hello to everyone. I am new to 3FC. I signed up today. I am looking for a buddy or buddies so we can learn, inspire, and gain health together. I know that I have many bad eating habits, that I am trying to learn through. I figure if I know why I eat, that can be a huge start in correcting the problem. My history is that I am going to be 31 in a couple weeks, had two right knee surgeries within the past two years, where I am currently six months post-op. I might be facing left knee surgery in the fall, but the doctor said if I can lose some weight, my knee might correct itself. I am committed to this, and am intersted in learning the ropes. I hope to hear from someone soon.

Last edited by d2andb1; 03-04-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #7  

hi, fellow newbies!!!

how do i make my postings look all fancy - just like yours? nice cartoons and chickadees.:-)

tubby - the only NYC navigation advice i have to offer is this - UPtown (that's subway lingo) means the train's heading NORTH, and DOWNtown means it's going south. everyone makes that mistake a few times - and ends up going the wrong way!

there's honestly no failsafe way to figure out which direction to aim yourself after you burrow up to the street level from a subway tunnel. the good thing about NYC is - everyone's quirky, so you never have to worry about looking like an idiot in public!

what part of town are you in?

i live near the brooklyn bridge. on the brooklyn side. it's suddenly getting hipper in brooklyn. hillary swank lives here, and she just won an oscar.

where did you move here from?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #8  

let's see if this works:

Closed Thread