Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 07:11 PM   #1  

Smile Hi...new here....

Hello everyone. My friend recommended this site. She loves it.
I am Kim, 31 yo, mother of two. Boy 11 and girl 5. I joined the group about a week ago but I had a busy week so there hasn't been time to search through the site. But I do see that everyone here is in the same situation that I am....Trying to lose weight. I am 5'4". My highest weight was 270 which was just last month. I moved and unpacking kept me busy for a while so I dropped 10 pounds so far holding steady. My lowest weight as an adult was about 185. In the past 15 years or so I have lost and gained many times. If I added it all up I'm sure it would come close to 270. I get motivated and do great for several weeks or months then something happens....I get sick, the kids get sick, crisis with hubby, or something causes me to lose the motivation then I am stuck with starting all over. I usually end up losing 15-20 pounds each time. I have clothes in my closet ranging from 16-24. I refuse to let myself go any higher. I was disgusted enough when I had to buy size 24. My biggest problem is sticking with the healthy eating. I don't believe in deprivation, just moderation. No one should ever be deprived of anything they love. Once I can get into a groove I stick with my exercise but this time has been the hardest. I have debated over the last 2 years to have gastric bypass surgery but decided it wasn't for me and to stop thinking about it. I know that I am capable of losing weight and being healthy. I am ready for this journey. Here is a little more about me and what a typical week usually is....
I drink 72-96 ounces of water a day. Sometimes I have soymilk or orange juice in a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
I eat out on average once a week with my family.
I drink about one soda a month, sometimes 2.
I love bread....no low carb for me.
I love baking(thanks, mom) and of course love to eat it.
I usually don't eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. It is usually when I am hungry or bored or whatever. Emotional eater. My other problem is portion control. I know I need to focus on moderation.
This is my first house with two floors so I make a few trips up and down the stairs daily. I clean the entire house on Mondays and keep the house straight all week. Laundry starts on Sunday and continues on Monday plus Wednesday and sometimes Friday. I am forcing myself to get at least 3 days of some sort of exercise in. Mainly cardio. It's only been for 10 minutes until I get my resistance back up. I was up to 35 minutes at one point. That almost makes me ill to think about it. I have an elliptical so 10 minutes is about a mile for me. I also have a jump rope but it hurts to do that with the fat and boobs bouncing.
I cook dinner several nights a week and it's leftovers any other time. Since I moved I have tried not to buy many sweets. I am trying to get more fresh fruit.
My short term goal is to get to 200 pounds. After that I will set a new one. I haven't decided on an overall goal weight.
Well, I think I have babbled enough for now. I am completely open to suggestions from anyone. Good luck to all of you in your journey. I look forward to meeting each of you.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:13 PM   #2  
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Reeder
Hello everyone. My friend recommended this site. She loves it.
I am Kim, 31 yo, mother of two. Boy 11 and girl 5. I joined the group about a week ago but I had a busy week so there hasn't been time to search through the site. But I do see that everyone here is in the same situation that I am....Trying to lose weight. I am 5'4". My highest weight was 270 which was just last month. I moved and unpacking kept me busy for a while so I dropped 10 pounds so far holding steady. My lowest weight as an adult was about 185. In the past 15 years or so I have lost and gained many times. If I added it all up I'm sure it would come close to 270. I get motivated and do great for several weeks or months then something happens....I get sick, the kids get sick, crisis with hubby, or something causes me to lose the motivation then I am stuck with starting all over. I usually end up losing 15-20 pounds each time. I have clothes in my closet ranging from 16-24. I refuse to let myself go any higher. I was disgusted enough when I had to buy size 24. My biggest problem is sticking with the healthy eating. I don't believe in deprivation, just moderation. No one should ever be deprived of anything they love. Once I can get into a groove I stick with my exercise but this time has been the hardest. I have debated over the last 2 years to have gastric bypass surgery but decided it wasn't for me and to stop thinking about it. I know that I am capable of losing weight and being healthy. I am ready for this journey. Here is a little more about me and what a typical week usually is....
I drink 72-96 ounces of water a day. Sometimes I have soymilk or orange juice in a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
I eat out on average once a week with my family.
I drink about one soda a month, sometimes 2.
I love bread....no low carb for me.
I love baking(thanks, mom) and of course love to eat it.
I usually don't eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. It is usually when I am hungry or bored or whatever. Emotional eater. My other problem is portion control. I know I need to focus on moderation.
This is my first house with two floors so I make a few trips up and down the stairs daily. I clean the entire house on Mondays and keep the house straight all week. Laundry starts on Sunday and continues on Monday plus Wednesday and sometimes Friday. I am forcing myself to get at least 3 days of some sort of exercise in. Mainly cardio. It's only been for 10 minutes until I get my resistance back up. I was up to 35 minutes at one point. That almost makes me ill to think about it. I have an elliptical so 10 minutes is about a mile for me. I also have a jump rope but it hurts to do that with the fat and boobs bouncing.
I cook dinner several nights a week and it's leftovers any other time. Since I moved I have tried not to buy many sweets. I am trying to get more fresh fruit.
My short term goal is to get to 200 pounds. After that I will set a new one. I haven't decided on an overall goal weight.
Well, I think I have babbled enough for now. I am completely open to suggestions from anyone. Good luck to all of you in your journey. I look forward to meeting each of you.
Hi. Nice to meet you. I have three children and for the last 10 years have gone up and down with my weight just as you have..Once again, I am frustarated with my present self and determined to lose. You do so much better than me, sometimes I drink 3 glasses of soda a day. I am very bad a t portions and I never exercize. i am hoping to make a life change. I don't want to be a fat mom anymore and I want to be healthy and I want to feel good. Hpe to hear form you!
Closed Thread