Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #1  

Default Newbie's Hello

Hello! I am a newbie to the boards...

I have been looking for a support-group...I am nineteen years old, and have decided to lose weight after looking at myself and realizing I was well on my way to becoming like my grandmother...obese, unable to walk without assistance, and several knee replacement surgeries. It was a wake-up call, and since, I've lost several pounds.

However though, i hit the same snags...my family is large on the dessert-creations...cheesecakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, candies, truffles, etc...we do it all. Needless to say, it's not easy to resist.

In any case, that's me in a brief nut-shell...anyone want to step up and say hello?

~IcyTiger

Last edited by IcyTiger99; 01-15-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Needless to say, it's not easy to resist.
Resistance isn't all it's cracked up to be. Why not just try portion control? Treat deserts and junk food not as daily living but as a treat for doing well. If they are constantly keeping these items around, remind yourself that you will have a small piece of that cheesecake, or you will try half of that cupcake, at the end of the week when you find you've lost X amount of pounds.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:08 AM   #3  
Mous

Hello,

I am so pleased to read that at such an early age you are making such an informed decision to do something about your health.

This will be the best decision that you are going to make.

Health and happiness goes hand in hand.

Hard, yes, but worth the effort.

Look into your heart and listen.

Be strong, be positive and remember that you are worth it and you CAN and WILL do this.

PM me anytime.

Windsong
Closed Thread