Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #1  
The Pook!

Default New girl!

Hello

I am new to 3fatchicks and seeing as this is a new year, I decided to make a new start just as I expect many of us have.

I lost 17 pounds last year through healthier eating and exercise, unfortunately I gained back 7 but still kept off the other 10!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this site and hopefully being a huge loser in 2005!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #2  

Hi Pook!
And welcome...I am also new here, been about a week now.
I am so excited about losing weight! I have been glued to my computer reading these threads and I think it is very inspiring!
Good luck with your goals!

Kerri
Old 01-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good afternoon Pook! I thought you and I might make a good pair of buddies. Last year I lost 43.5#, but due to illness and then laziness, I gained 22# back

I noticed that your goal is 170# as well as mine and the two of us are just 2# different right now (if you count my nakie weight, we are the same). I thought it might be nice to go through our journeys together since we are starting in the same 'place' and looking to end at the same 'destination'

If you want to know a little more about me, you can read the thread I tried started this weekend:
my thread

Best of luck!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #4  
The Pook!

Hi Roziesgirl and Jenn

Jenn I think it would be great to buddy up, we do have similar stats and goals right now. Encouragement and support are half the battle won for me. I'm excited for you to read that you are getting married this year, I've been married two years and was a lot lighter when I got married.

Roziesgirl, this site is very cool isn't it? I spent a lot of time reading the posts and information here before I decided to become a member.

Here's to 2005!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

Good afternoon ladies!

Just thought I'd check in at least once today.

I went out with my maid of honor yesterday and got her dress. I was very proud of myself. Every time we walked by food, she would talk about how good it looked or smelled (mind you, she has never been bigger than a 10) and I would just mention how bad most of it was for you, even though I was getting hungry as the night went on. I did not cave in and say "ok, let's get a pretzel" It was nice to actually be able to keep my goal in focus and why it is so important to me.

I'm starting to think something might be wrong with my home scale though... Sunday morning it said I was 197.5#, then yesterday it said 196.5# and this morning it said 195.5#.... Not that I would mind it being true, but 2# in 2 days seems rather quick. After work at the gym, I will see if their scale has changed any.

How are you doing in the day to day battle?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:15 PM   #6  
The Pook!

Hi Jenn

Good for you resisting temptation!

I didn't fare so well myself today, the Girl Scouts brought in cookies to my work yesterday (like 8 boxes of them!) and I caved in and ate a couple of the mint ones . I have done well the rest of the day though and am about to go get my 3rd bottle of water for the day. Drinking water is probably my joint weakest thing right now, along with motivating myself to exercise. We live an hour away from the city in which we work so are out of the house by 6.30 and don't get home till 6.00 p.m. so I am usually very very tired on a weekday after making dinner etc. and it's hard to get going again to work out. I thought about walking on a lunchtime but I work next to two very busy highways and there is really no good, safe place I could go. I guess I do sound like I am making excuses, it's just tough sometimes to get going again when I get home when all I want to do is relax and unwind .

The weather is getting nice here again for us so on a weekend I'm going to go walking, our road is over 6 miles long so I've got plenty of ground to cover.

I'm sure your scales are good Jenn although I would advise not to weigh yourself every day, you might become obsessed with the scale monster! I know I once did! I weigh once a week now. Keeps me sane haha.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #7  
One step at a time...

Oh I fully admit that I am a scale addict... I just can't stay away from it, but since the numbers disgust me it is motivation, just like thinking about my wedding dress is motivation, and looking at myself on my website (yuck!)

Here take a look:

My Home Page
Old 01-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #8  
The Pook!

Good Morning

I looked at your site Jenn, you and I are very similar shapes. I carry more of my weight on my belly and butt though.

I did great yesterday, drank my 3rd bottle of water which gave my total yesterday 60 oz. I'm going to try drink as much today. I'm making shrimp creole casserole for dinner tonight which is one of our favourite meals and it's so fast and easy to make.

I use about 8 oz of shrimp, 2 cod fillets (frozen) which are cut into bite sized pieces, a couple of sticks of celery, half an onion and a can of no salt added chopped tomatoes. Simply cook the onion in a large pot or pan with some no fat spray, add crushed garlic (I use 3 cloves but add to your taste). After the onion has gone translucent, add 2 ribs chopped celery, cook for 2 minutes more. Add 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric and the can of tomatoes, cook uncovered for 5 mins. Add the shrimp, cod and about 1/4 cup of water if the mixture is too thick, you want a little bit of liquid in there. Cook semi covered for 15 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and the cod pieces flake easily with a fork. Serve on it's own, with a green salad or rice.

You can use your favourite spices in this dish too. Past ones I have used are cumin, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano and basil. The cayenne gives it a nice kick.

This dish is so quick to make and makes great leftovers too.

Well, back to work I go. Talk to you soon .
Closed Thread