Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 02:22 AM   #1  

Default New Girl...

Hello, everyone. I'm new to this community. I'm terribly shy, and I hate making introductions, but I figured it's sort of necessary.

I go by the screen name "Galieniel" on the internet, and I'm 22 years old. I'm currently planning on going back to college next semester, just to get my GPA back up, and I'm also losing my sanity trying to find a job around here! The economy in a small town like this is atrocious!

I've been a large girl all of my life; I have large parents as well, so it's something I grew up with. I've tried yo-yo diets, but couldn't seem to keep up with anything for more than a few weeks at a time.

I recently found this messageboard, and I'll tell you that it was a breath of fresh air. It seems like I'm either bombarded with people saying rude things like, "Just get off your fat *** and lose weight", or "I'm anorexic and anti-fat." It's so frustrating trying to find a supportive group with good information!

Anyway, I think that about covers it. Of course, I'm looking to meet new friends and learn new tips. I recently just quit smoking, so I need some tips on how to keep myself from overeating as well. Can anyone help me?
Old 11-24-2004, 02:38 AM   #2  

Hey welcome to this place - I'm only new here myself and I know what it's like too, to yo-yo diet. I guess the first thing you have to do is realize sometimes that you're not actually hungry but maybe bored/emotional or just have a craving for something bad. I read somewhere that you if you get this hunger or craving get a piece of fruit and if it's not appealing to you then it's just a craving. Perhaps also just go for a walk if you crave something junky. You're meant to eat quite often anyway - just have to avoid the bad foods most of the time if you want a buddy I'm happy to assist you just pm me
Old 11-25-2004, 02:17 PM   #3  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Welcome..

Hi,
I am new to the board too and ran across your post.
In your post you say you are going back to school. I did the same thing when I was 23. I went back and got my undergrad degree at the age of 32. I am 33 now and I am getting my masters and will graduate in May. YA HOO!!

Let me know if you need support going back- I know it is hard! All the ultra skinny kids 10 years younger than me took awhile to get used to. Hang in there though. You can do it! It took me awhile to get this far because I had to work and go to school. (actually I still work and do school)

I see from your reply that you probably already have a buddy but if you need help or support don't hesitate to ask. Glad you decided to join !
Old 11-25-2004, 10:04 PM   #4  

Hi there everyone

I'm relatively new to the page as well...I'm looking for that extra push to lose some weight. I'm 23, working full time and working on my Masters degree. So I'm always busy, busy, busy. And when I'm not I make excuses as to why I'm not exercising!! So if someone would like to team up ... that would be great!

Krista
Old 11-26-2004, 12:03 AM   #5  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Talking

Hey,
Maybe we can pair up since we are in the same boat! School has a sneaky way of making me fall off the wagon. It is easy to talk myself out of exercising and eating right because school and work keep me so insanely busy. Anyway- with support we can do it!
Let me know if you are interested.
Happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-26-2004, 12:09 AM   #6  

Well, kids, I am new here as well...new as of an hour ago, actually.
So my deal is that I'm 25, 5'5", and currently 168lbs. Honestly, I could care less what weight I am, however, I DO care that I am flabby, severely out of shape, and feeling really unhealthy. I need to change that, both for myself and because of the fact that I am an actress, and the sad reality is that it is extremely hard to find work when you are overweight. I need motivation and support! Help!
Closed Thread