Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Unhappy mature-but never old-exerciser-needing help

I am sixty one, and am feeling alone in my attempt to get in shape and my weight under control. All my friends are sedentary and seem (on the outside) resigned to being heavy. I seem to be the only one trying to change. I love to exercise--lift weights, and walk. My downfalls are my twice or 3 times weekly food splurges, when I am tired and lose control. Think being able to have mutually encouraging people and/or people to talk to and compare notes with would be helpful. Especially who like to exercise as well, with whom I can compare notes.

I am 5'1", about 162, have lost 20+ pounds over the last few years, but just these last two months went kind of crazy and lost control and gained ten back. Think it started when I hurt my back/knee, and got discouraged because I couldn't exercise, which gets my endorphines going. Argh!!! I was feeling so good about life before that, even <grin> tucking in my shirt and letting my beauteous butt protrude. Now, it's back to long shirts and jackets and not liking where I am, and feeling a bit hopeless.

Do I sound depressed? Well, maybe a bit, but I am operating on 6 hours sleep and my usually happy nature is hiding. Would appreciate any help people can give.

Artmaker

Last edited by artmaker; 10-08-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:28 PM   #2  
RAR

HI! SusanI also am welcomeing you to come join us on the senior buddy posts also there are so many of us who are in the same boat as you are now as I am going thru the same thing sp please come join us Rita
Closed Thread