Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #1  

Smile Looking for a buddy w/similar goals or circumstances

Hi.
I'm a medical student about to start third year with a family (husband and daughter, age 5).
Needless to say, my biggest issue is time. My second biggest issue is a sweet tooth that is completely out of control!
I am looking for a buddy who has a time crunch as well. Let's find time to lose weight together!
I don't care where you are or how much weight you have to loose. If this makes a difference to you, I am only slightly overweight, and would like to loose about thirty pounds. I am currently in Pittsburgh, PA.
Looking forward to your reply,
Ashley
Oh yeah, since it will probably come up - YES, we do learn about obesity in med school (a little) and it is absolutely an important health issue. Kudos to those of you who are out there fighting to lose weight (like me)!
Old 05-29-2004, 01:18 AM   #2  

Hi, I'm probably not really what you are looking for as i plan on losing a lot of weight and i'm a bit younger than you but i am studying still and i have to manage my time carefully but if you want to be buddies, no probs with me, private message me or reply to your own thread. good luck with meeting your weight loss goals and with your studies. cheers
Old 05-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #3  

Great!
I plan on starting by South Beach diet, just to get things rolling, but I love carbs, so I know I can't stick with that one for life. Then moving on to (sigh) counting calories.
I think for exersize I'll start running, then move on to the gym when my clerkships start. South Beach starts June 18th, as I take the boads June 17th and my brain needs all the glucose it can get!
What's your plan?
I don't know how to private message, so if you'd let me in on that one, I'd really appreciate it!
Ash
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  

Hey ashleymd06-
Im in the Pittsburgh area too. And Im totally tight on time at points.
Are you at any gyms in the Pgh area yet? I thought about joining Curves....
Old 07-11-2004, 08:23 AM   #5  

Smile

Hi Ashley,
We are in a similar boat. I'm a 4th year PhD student trying to work on my dissertation. I also teach part time for the University and I'm trying to have a life! At any rate, all of that leaves me with little time to lose weight. I have about 50 pounds to lose, although I'd be happy if I could just lose anything! I live in Orlando, FL with my husband. Hope to talk to you soon.

-Laurie
Old 07-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  

hi ashley. i am a physician in practice about 8 years now. i am beginning my own private practice after several years as an employed doc. i am married and have a 5 yo daughter so i can relate. i have lost about 35 lbs so far. in terms of exercise the only way i can do it is to do videos because there is no travel time required or no babysitting. ihave about 30 videos and have designed a routine with them. so far it is working. i walk outside when i can. i do a balanced diet of 1500 cal but i have about 100 lbs to lose so this is not a quick fix for me, i have to change my whole relationship with food(no easy task). i know it is very tough for you as you are so often out of control of your food choices and it gets worse in residency-i think every one of our resident meetings we had chinese or pizza. good luck to you. we will chat tina
Closed Thread