Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 01:59 AM   #1  

Smile New Here and Looking for Support

Hi, I just found this board and I'm glad I have. My weight went up when I was finishing graduate school and has not gone done in the year since finishing. I'm at the end of the regular school year and it is a good time for me to get serious about changing my lifestyle and moving on.

Current weight is just over 200, ideal weight is 150, have type II diabetes, and haven't been doing my usual exercise for 2 years. I am determined to begin on May 1st right after the graduation ceremonies and the goodies.

I would like a buddy if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
movingondown
Old 04-18-2004, 10:52 AM   #2  

Default Always in for a new buddy

Hi Movinon down,
I am always up for a buddy. If you have several it seems to make it easier as people don't post for days sometimes. I also have type II. Been fighting it for yrs with the yo-yoing weight. But the doc said it's a must. I have to do it for life this time. I have 100+ to lose. I was alot closer last summer, but had a bad winter and gained everything back. Still fiddlin around with my meds. He just raised my dosage again. That usually makes me sick. So I am determined to change my life. I've been exercising and trying to get more aggressive every week. I am limiting portions and trying to make wiser choices. I should be better at this by now. Unfortunately, like my mother who died young (49) from a heart attack (stemming from complications of type II) I have been taking pills and been in denial for yrs. I am now 44 and for the first time quite scared. So I've become more selfish. My kids are grown and I'm trying to focus more on myself. It's hard, but I must. What's your situation? How long with the type II? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I guess I'm just realizing the seriousness of it all. Hope to talk to you again.
Closed Thread