Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 02:16 AM   #1  
Veiled Rose

Arrow new big gurl on the forum!

Greetings Everyone! I just joined the forum today. I was feeling really depressed and I did a search for weightloss. I found this website which I really like because it makes me feel a sense of ease about weightloss, its a serious thing but its okay to laugh along the way. Anyway, about me... I am 16 years old and I just graduated highschool in Jan. I have been over weight all my life since I was prob 6 years old. When I was in 5th grade I thinned out went up to about 200 pounds and then back down to about 170 and since I am about 5'6 I looked rather decent. I didn't look like a round ball. Anyway, depression kicked in and I was isolated and finally now I am 240 pounds.
I am 'married' by my religous standards but I am not registered yet, but in May I will be and also my marriage will be consumated then. I am feeling really, really embarressed because I am 16, I am supposed to have a nice body, but instead I have a fat stomache, and saggy bum and jello thighs. I have known this day would come for along time and still I didn't do anything. I had been exercising before, but stopped....Now today I plan on making changes. I plan on starting my exercising again (Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs and Winsor Pilates). I would like some help and a buddy from someone who is around 17-20 years or so give or take and has around the same weight to loose. You know, I feel like I am beautiful... I mean my face is beautiful but I just feel like a cow... and I don't want a low self-esteem effecting my marriage. Please talk to me if you want to be my buddy or something....
Old 03-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #2  
Veiled Rose

wow dont everyone run to be my buddy at one time... no no, really im not worthy of everyones attention and friendship....
Old 03-30-2004, 12:46 AM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I think this board sometimes slows down in the evening. Perhaps not many are in your age bracket you requested. I don't think there are many 16 year olds on this forum. That said, I think you are quite motivated and will be able to achieve your goals. Please do it for you, not for anyone else. I am sure you will have a buddy in your age range. Maybe you can go to the teen thread that is further down the board. I am sure you will find more people your age. Good luck!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:58 AM   #4  
Mishy

Smile Hello! I'm new here too!

Hello! I'm new here too, actually this is my first post! Well, i was reading what you wrote and i have to tell you i know how you feel! First, let me introduce my self! My name's Michelle i'm 20 and i've been dealing with being overweight ever since i can remember! I now weigh 225 the most i've ever weighed, i'm only 5'2! I'm now studying to be a nurse, i graduated high school in in june2001. I've always been overweight, but my senior year in high schoool i got tired of it and started walking everyday and eating healthy! I got down to 170 and was feeling good about myself and having fun! BUT i plateau at 170 and couldn't lose aymore weight with the excericise i was doing, so i got frustrated and gave up! There isn't one day that passes that i wish i could go back and change that! My weight is something i think about everyday, and like you said i'm a pretty girl, atleast that's what my bofriend says!! lol BUT i am just overweight and i've reached a point where want to do something about it, i just don't know where to start! So i figured i'd search to see if i can find somewhere to get some reassurance and an occassional push to help me meet my short term goal of 180! I understand how you feel! i know i'm a bit older than you but if you want to email me feel free!
[CENTER]-Michelle email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[CENTER]

Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scale!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 03-31-2004 at 04:40 PM. Reason: See Sticky re email addresses at top of this forum
Old 03-30-2004, 07:07 AM   #5  
Veiled Rose

Salutations...

I guess I am used to fast replies. I am part of another forum that as a ton of members and anywhere between 40-130 (specially in the afternoon) members online and clicking away.

Yesterday was an improvement... lol I got exercise. I did do some pilates. Then I was at Dairy Queen for a job interview and my mom decided to take my four year old nephew to the play place and she had an ice cream while she watched him play. Then I had a bite of mom's and then got my own Blizzard. I got it and then I was like, "Oh yeah I am supposed to be changing what I eat..." I hope next time I can be more alert.
The simple fact that I bothered exercising was an improvement though....
Old 04-01-2004, 05:51 PM   #6  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Great job getting the exercise in. As long as you are making any kind of change to your lifestyle, it is a positive thing. Right now, if I slip up, I do not get down on myself too much because I am human and I am just beginning this journey in to better health. I get right on track and leave the guilt behind me. I have to get more exercise in. Do you do the winsor pilates? I was thinking of buying the tapes but have heard some not so good things about it. What do you think. I understand that you are used to fast replies. I am as well. I was part of another forum where I would have a response almost immediately. But the people are so great here, I am willing to wait. I am gaining patience along with losing weight, not bad, lol. Well I hope all went well with your interview.

Welcome to you to Michy. I have been unhappy with my weight since I was like 7 years old (when I was skinny at that) so I know where you are coming from. It would be great to start a short chick club since there seems to be so many of us here. Welcome to you both, btw I am pretty new too!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:12 PM   #7  

hi all why dont you do what i did find a forum you like the look of and jump right in ive only been here a month and thought at first i didnt have the bottle to talk to strangers but believe me ive never been made to feel like a stranger in fact ive never felt so welcome antwhere and ive now got lots and lots of buddies and all the more special because i found them go on try it youll be amazed
Closed Thread