Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #1  

Default 8 Minutes anyone? Newbie here

Hello Chicks,
I just found this site and wow it's terrific. I am hoping to hear from some chicks for support and friendship. About me: I've maintained a loss of 80 lbs since 1995. (I used Richard Simmons' Deal a Meal and his exercise tapes). But I am stuck stuck stuck with 40 extra lbs. that just don't want to leave me alone. Last weekend I bought Jorge Cruise's book "8 Minutes in the Morning" on a whim and am on day 3. I'm taking the flax oil and trying to follow the food plan, which is basically Deal a Meal so I can still use my cards. I love Richard's program and have cruised with him many times on his Cruise to Lose, but now I don't have time to devote an hour to exercise. My mom has Alzheimer's and I visit her during the time I used to exercise..... But I do have 8 minutes!

Anyway, would love to hear from YOU!
Have a groovy day.
VintageRose
Old 03-16-2004, 12:23 AM   #2  

Congrats on the loss. I love Richard and his sweatin tapes. I have used them for years and they really work for me. I have gained all the weight back plus 20 lbs. that his tapes helped me too lose. I also just discovered the Jorge book but have not bought it yet. How do you like it? And what is the flax oil good for?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/219/140

Height: 5'5

Hi, good luck on the extra 40, and way to go on the first 80. That is very inspiring. I have never tried the Richard tapes, but I do use Denise Austin tapes. I have a fat blasting aerobic workout and right now i am using her fat burnign yoga tape. They are hard, but a really good workout. WHat do you reccommend from the Richard Simmons tapes?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #4  

Default 8 minutes

I have Jorges book. I do his exercises for '8' minutes in the morning. They give me more energy through out the day and make me feel good. Unlike aerobics his book says that working your muscles with these exercises burns more calories and even after your done exercising you burn more calories for awhile. Anyway, I do not follow his food plan. I have a family and thought it was to difficult to follow. I do low carb/ low fat. I have lost 20 lbs then stopped exercizing for awhile and gained 5 back. Time for me to get back on track. . . it's only 8 minutes.

God Bless! Hope this helps.

Amy
Old 04-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #5  

Smile Hi Amyyy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyyy
I have Jorges book. I do his exercises for '8' minutes in the morning. They give me more energy through out the day and make me feel good. Unlike aerobics his book says that working your muscles with these exercises burns more calories and even after your done exercising you burn more calories for awhile. Anyway, I do not follow his food plan. I have a family and thought it was to difficult to follow. I do low carb/ low fat. I have lost 20 lbs then stopped exercizing for awhile and gained 5 back. Time for me to get back on track. . . it's only 8 minutes.

God Bless! Hope this helps.

Amy
I'm new here and hoping to have a bit of support losing weight. My first day is today and I'm doing well so far. It's only 2 in the afternoon though. LOL
I was wondering where I can find the book/video? that you were talking about. 8 minutes sounds great to me!!can you let me know?? Thanks for any info you can give me!
Sweetstyle
Old 04-13-2004, 01:55 PM   #6  
Legend in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl
Congrats on the loss. I love Richard and his sweatin tapes. I have used them for years and they really work for me. I have gained all the weight back plus 20 lbs. that his tapes helped me too lose. I also just discovered the Jorge book but have not bought it yet. How do you like it? And what is the flax oil good for?

I take the flex oil soft gel tablets every day and this is why,
oil extracted from flax seed is unique because it contains both essential fatty acids omega 3 fatty acid and omega 6 fatty acid and the flax is the worlds richest vegetable source of omega 3 fatty acids. some of the studied beneficial effects are heart protective activity, it maintains normal blood cholesterol and pressure, and gives skin health, and normal circulation, and soothes joints. so I figure why not take it.
some people take the cod liver fish oils to get the omega 3, I just think the flex is that much better.
Closed Thread