Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/232/150

Height: 5'7

Default 80 lbs to lose, anxious, depressed, new to this

I've been sitting here for a while wondering how to even start this. Oh, I guess I should say hello first!

Hello everyone! I'm a 29 year old female with 80lbs to lose! How I gained all this weight is a sob story in and of itself which I won't even get into to spare you all. But I will say that I suffer from severe anxiety and clinical depression, which definitely doesn't help with my mindset when it comes to food/working out. I've never really paid attention to things like diabetes/blood pressure (even though everyone in my family has it) until recently when I took my BP and it was sky high. I kept taking it every day and it kept being super high which set off my panic attack/anxiety mode and well now here I am trying to get healthy

I want to tell you guys so much but writing intros is hard and I'm all over the place lol. Uhmm, oh yes! Working out! Because of my panic attacks, it's really hard for me to work out. The moment I start feeling out of breath my mind flips a switch, tells me I'm having a heart attack, and I start having a melt down which is hard to control. I have panic attacks for pretty much anything (let me tell ya, severe anxiety sucks) but I've been trying to at least get up from my seat and take my dog on daily walks now. It's not vigorous walking, but I figure 30 minutes of moving every day is more than nothing.

AHHH okay enough of that depressing junk. I'll stop rambling for now, thanks for reading so far and here's hoping all of us reach our goals!
nervouscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/270/180

Height: 5'5

Smile Hey

Hey Welcome!

I'm new too. Good luck on your journey. Exercise is a tough one. Sounds like you might like Yoga or Walk Away the Pounds videos. Also a trainer once told me weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, so I always try to focus more on my eating habits.

Focus on today, don't worry about tomorrow.

-
MinnesotaNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/233/145

Height: 5'6

I'm new, too, with a similar amount of weight to lose. I feel ya! I also gained the weight due to depression/anxiety and then the medication needed to combat that. And since then my get up and go is just non existent.

Welcome!
Margit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm new also, and I also have clinical depression and anxiety disorder. It's a vicious cycle because the emotional/mental issues cause me to gain weight and then the weight gain makes me more depressed and anxious. I'm a few years older than you, but it looks like we have a similar amount to lose and are maybe dealing with some of the same problems. I'm hoping being on this forum will help me keep focused and motivated.
Lola75 is offline   Reply With Quote