Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'5"

Default I usually just quit. I don't want to this time.

Hi everyone,
I have been lurking for a couple of years. I can't say that I have ever really tried too hard to lose weight. I am a get through the moment survivor that just does whatever I want to do in the very moment to try to make myself feel better. I'm sick of it. 8 days ago I decided to start watching, I am not on any particular plan but I have decided I thought I would start by being a weekday "vegan". I have read a lot of Dean Ornish and other things I have heart disease .. my first heart attack at 30 my second at 32. Unbelievable. It has been 8 days and I am at work sipping on my smoothie and feeling pretty good, good enough to tell the cosmic void "is it possible ? Could I really be doing this ? Could I sustain for a bit maybe I can actually take control of something.
Thank you all for the encouragement.
GinaAntonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Gina!

From what I've found, the best things we can do to positively influence our health are small, sustainable changes. If being a weekday vegan works for you and is sustainable, that's great. I would steer clear of pre-packaged vegan foods, though. Those can be overly processed and be just as unhealthy as their non-vegan counterparts.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #3  

I do believe that it is not a sustainable plan for me but I feel really good and need a jumpstart I have done NOTHING for so long. I struggle with balance All or nothing type. I haven't had any pre-packaged food I have just been I actually have a pretty good knowledge of nutrition I just don't do it. So far I just have been eating fruits and vegetables and nuts and brown grains - almond milk. Taking some ground flaxseed for Omega 3 and some B12. I hope after this month I will just get a jump start.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

That sounds like a great start, and I'm glad it's helping you fee better! I can definitely relate to the all-or-nothing mentality. Wishing you the best of luck in your journey!
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #5  

Thank you very much!