Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #1  

Default So over this! :(

Hello everyone! I'm a 20 something year old who is so over trying to lose weight. I guess I can share a little of my story.

I want to lose around 50-60 pounds this year. I'm not sure of my current weight but last time I checked I was 180. I'm pretty sure that has gone up. I'm worried about my health especially since my family has a history of high blood pressure. I also hate the way I look at this size and refuse to take pictures and don't really enjoy dressing up like I once did.

My main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are healthy but in between that I snack alot (sugar is my weakness ). I tend to binge at least once a week. Yesterday night after coming home from work I bought fast food, 2 chocolate bars, 2 doughnuts, and had some cookies. I felt awful :/ I have found my triggers for these binges like stress ( telling myself I deserve it), worrying thoughts that I may never taste the food again and I must eat it in that moment (I know it's weird).

I use to be 150 at the start of college and wish to go back to that or even smaller. This was typed on my phone so I hope it makes sense lol

Looking forward to meeting everyone here
ByebyeKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #2  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

welcome byebyekitty!!!!

I am also a 20 something, trying to navigate losing weight while still having fun! I am aiming to reach my goal this year in October (my bday). I want to lose 30+ pounds by then. I am/was in the same boat as you where I did not want to be in any pictures or dress up, I just wanted to be in clothes that hid my size and that is no way to live.
Do not think you are weird because of those thoughts you have..I have them too! There have absolutely been times when a donut or 'insert any delicious sweet here' has been tempting and That exact thought crosses my mind. I could die tomorrow so I should just let myself eat this. Now I try to curb those thoughts with telling myself I can live without it. I was living without it just a minute ago before it so rudely entered my eye sight so I should just move along and have a donut another time.
Anyway Have a great weekend I will see you around

xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #3  

Hey girls! I just wanted to tell you you should go see your Dr and see if you can get on PHENTERMINE 37.5
It is awesome and has been a life saver for me. You can only get it with a prescription. So anything you see online for sale is not the real thing. It is a pill you take once a day and that's it. It decreases your appetite and increases your metabolism. For me I was able to lose 40lbs in 6 months. I only walked and decreased portion size in my food. No diet or extreme exercising. It works! You do go in for a monthly weigh in and to have blood pressure checked and a mini health check.
Debatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debatron View Post
Hey girls! I just wanted to tell you you should go see your Dr and see if you can get on PHENTERMINE 37.5
It is awesome and has been a life saver for me. You can only get it with a prescription. So anything you see online for sale is not the real thing. It is a pill you take once a day and that's it. It decreases your appetite and increases your metabolism. For me I was able to lose 40lbs in 6 months. I only walked and decreased portion size in my food. No diet or extreme exercising. It works! You do go in for a monthly weigh in and to have blood pressure checked and a mini health check.
Why would they want to take a pill when all they really want to do is change their eating and exercise behavior to a healthier way of living?

A pill is not a quick fix, it doesn't fix the behaviors.
sarakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/176.6/140

Height: 5"3'

Byebyekitty... We've all had that kinda day. I felt you wrote exactly how I feel too sometimes. I eat so much junk food at one go as if I'm never going to get this food again! I know how you feel! I am now trying to change my mentality about this.. now I'm thinking opposite - I've had enough of these foods! I am tired of eating junk! I don't want it anymore! I'm tired of that food! Hope this helps you too!
anjalifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:01 PM   #6  

Thanks so much everyone! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with those thoughts. I will definitely try telling myself these things when I feel like giving into a binge.
Also thank you for the suggestion of the pills and glad they worked for you. They do sound like a good idea however I want to try being as natural as possible and like Sarakat said I want to fix the behaviours. If I do find that I am still struggling I will definitely bring them up to my GP.
ByebyeKitty is offline   Reply With Quote