Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278.8/278.8/175

Height: 5'6

Default Back Again and Really need support

Hi Everyone,
This isn't my first go around her at 3FC but I haven't been on her since 2011.
Like many of you I am on this continuous roller coaster of weight loss and gain. I will have times when I do okay and lose a few pounds but then life happens and I gain it back.
I have always struggled with my weight but I think this time it's really hitting me. Maybe because I'm getting older or maybe because I'm just tired of it. About a month ago I went to my OB for my annual checkup and the majority of the appointment was spent discussing my weight. He basically looked at me and said your are Morbidly Obese! I was devastated. I know that I'm overweight but I've always been fairly healthy and I've always carried by self in a manner in which I look professional and well polished. Hearing that made we feel like I was worthless.
Anyway, maybe it was a wake up call. Whatever it may be I need to now more than ever lose the weight and take care of me.
I know when I was here before there were so many people that would support and encourage and not judge because they know what it's like. I could really use that support right now. Thanks for listening
Leec37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! You can definitely do it!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:43 AM   #3  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi there! welcome back. Don't let the Doctor's comment upset you. It's not an insult, it's just the medical terminology they use.

I know it was upsetting to hear though

But look at it this way, him saying that got you back here and determined to make changes - so it's a positive thing!

Keep focused, get a plan in place, you can do it!
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

BACK, Leec37! You are doing the right thing in jumping back on the weight loss wagon! Now is the time to do this, before it takes a toll on your health! I wish you the best!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5'5"

Default Don't let comments get you down

Hi all,

This is my first time ever using an online support group and I am feeling pretty low. I'm hoping that the support I read you giving to each other will sink in to me and keep me motivated to keep going. I've struggled with my weight all my life and while I'm extremely grateful that I don't have to deal with addictions to drugs or alcohol, I feel like my addiction to food....sugar in particular, is very hard to deal with.

Happy Sunday!
Audacioushope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Audacioushope! Why don't you come join us on the new September Weight Loss Challenge thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html. All you do is come up with a small goal for the month and try to reach it. It's a great group there and we love newcomers, so think about it! Oh, and I can relate when it comes to sugar. I love sweets! Believe in yourself because you can do this, and you will feel so much better when you do! I wish you the best!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-30-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote