Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/247/150

Height: 5'5"

Default New here! Too much for too long!

I am so happy to have found this site. Not having supportive people around makes things that much harder.

I lost some weight a couple years back by just reducing calories and limited unhealthy carbs. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. It was great. I allowed myself a cheat day after 90 days and I don't think I have been faithful to myself since.

I am ready again.

I have agoraphobia with exercise anxiety as well. I have recently try to start walking small amounts in my home. I time myself and see if I can beat the day before, if not, I still feel good for trying. But those are the good days. Bad days, are more like, "what's the point" mentality. Being bipolar just doesn't make anything simple.

So, I am here, ready to go!!

candino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #2  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

30 pounds in 3 months is pretty amazing, well done. Good luck on getting back on track. slow down on those cheats
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Candino! Glad to have you here! Whenever the bipolar switch flips and you start thinking what's the point, come on here and read the Goals section! People here are reaching their goals and you can too! A 30-lb loss is fantastic, and if you can do that, you can go all the way! I like the walking competition you've created for yourself! If you ever need a change of pace, check out the Leslie Sansone Walk-at-Home videos on youtube. She has everything from beginning to advanced and it really does give you quite a workout! Good luck! You can do this!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:39 PM   #4  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and here's to today's success and for he future! Personally, I find my weight is determined more by what I eat than exercise, so don't feel like you will be super hindered by it. Exercise is more for feeling good and maintaining muscle! Love your idea about walking around more at home, maybe you could get a step counter to help! You may not even have to buy one, a lot of phones have apps that do that
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcomes!

CheesecakeBrownie - I am not allowing anymore cheat days. Maybe EVER. lol

Jacqui D - That's for those recommendations. I needed it today.

SenseAndSensibility - My food intake did seem to do the trick. I do love walking. It seems to be such a mind clearer. I tried a couple of apps but they seem to just stop working mid day. Maybe, it is telling me I need to step it up. Heehee!!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #6  

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

I love the Leslie Sansone videos, they work your whole body and you can get a good sweat going for sure. I don't allow myself cheat days, they seem to sabotage my weight loss because I can never seem to get on track again, so I totally know where you are coming from!

Keep up the walking, only good can come from it and after a little bit, you will sure tell how much your body appreciates it.

Good luck
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #7  

Height: 6-1.5

All "exercise" is, is working the body. You can do any kind of exercise without going to the malls. For example, walk around with a backpack or bag filled with a gallon of water as you take your walks. Shop for grocery close to home and walk back. Go to the library if one is close. If you can get a dog to walk, try that. You could walk the dog of an elderly or ill person if you know any. Start a yard project like digging a pond. Obviously I am just throwing random potential things at you, but really, it is all about picking things up and carrying them.

If you don't like the mall and desire professional training, then join an exercise class at a community college. Often those are one credit, thus cheaper than 3 credit an hour classes.

It all depends on what you have around you, and what is accessible. I lost a ton of weight once, and got great leg muscles as well, moving to the top floor a building that had 9 flights. Climbing those stairs, and carrying groceries up the stairs, was wonderful exercise!
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #8  
Succeeding!

S/C/G: 234/Ticker/174

Height: 5'3"

Hi Candino!
Just checking in to see how the last few days have gone. Have you been doing some walking? Keep up the motivation! You can do it!!!
stren003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #9  

Hi Stren003!

Thanks for checking in on me. It's been. Ha! I have kept up the walking more and more each day. Weigh in day is tomorrow. I am actually excited!