Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/203/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi everyone !

Hello there!!! I will be honest I stalked this forum for a while before joining, I have been on some other forums and just didn't feel they were the right fit for me, but so far, i like what i see...

A little about me.....I am 40 yrs old, i have NEVER been "thin" my highest adult weight was 280 my lowest adult weight was 185....I currently sit at 203. Ideally I would like to see 170 on the scale, I am pretty tall for a women, so i think that would be a great place to start...i have never been that low in my adult life, i actually think the last time i weighed 170 i was probably in maybe the 8th grade...maybe even 7th...so its a good starting point for me. Since I have started losing weight this time around, i have lost 15lbs, i started at 218 about a month and a half ago....its coming off slowly but surely, however its getting to the point where I am needing a little more inspiration than in the beginning. That is why I am here...inspiration and support! and hopefully at some point I can inspire someone

Good luck to everyone and thanks in advance for the support and for the inspiration !
30ToGo170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #2  

Congrats at losing 15 lbs so far, that's great, already inspiring!

Good luck on your weight loss
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 228 / 217/ Lose the next pound

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome! Way to go with your weight loss so far. I joined a couple weeks ago, like you visited several times before joining. You have come to the right place for support.

Good Luck!
UncleRodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #4  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to the site! It's a good place to find support. There are a lot of daily/weekly threads where you can just chat with people. There are challenges you can join, too.

I think your initial goal of 170 is perfectly reasonable. It's not too low at all - for people your height in general, it's only a smidge into 'overweight' territory. It's a great place to aim for, I think.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/203/170

Height: 5'9"

thanks everyone Think i found the right place as well......I have learned not to set huge goals right off the bat, because they are hard to reach and then discouragement sets in. I think my "ultimate goal" is around 160...but 170 is a terrific place for me to start....I will have a good idea how much more to go after that.....two people at the same height and weight can look completely different, all depends on how and where you carry it.....and since I have never been that low as an adult, i need a starting point

Thanks everyone and have a great day!!
30ToGo170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi 30ToGo170! 170 is going to look great on you! Congrats on losing 15 lbs! You can do this! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote