Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #1  

Smile Turning 30, losing 70!

Hello all!

My name is Kristina and I live in Oregon.

I have come to the harsh realization that I am at my highest weight again and I am getting ready to turn 30 in a few months. I know it is just a number, but am afraid the weight is only going to get harder and harder to lose. I have yo-yo-ed so much over the years and I know it has taken a toll on my body. I really do not want to have health problems simply because I get older. And, I am so tired of being achy, grouchy, and sluggish which feel way beyond my years.

I am not doing anything too extreme or unsustainable, simply filling up on fruits and veggies, drinking water, limiting processed food, and getting 30 minutes of exercise in each and every day.

It is great to be here and I am excited to be a part of this lovely community!
kristinamarie0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Kristina! This really is a wonderful community and you'll find lots of support here, so jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Man, Jacqui always is the first one to welcome newcomers!

Anyway, welcome to the board. It sounds like you're motivated and have a good plan already in place. You have found a great group of people here. We are all really good at keeping one another motivated and lifting each other up when we're down.

Good luck and welcome!
AngieRR1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #4  

Thank you so much!! Everyone here is so nice and helpful!
kristinamarie0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lol, Angie, not always, but I remember what it was like to be new and excited to start my weight loss journey, and I want newcomers and those returning to know they've come to the right place! And Kristina, you have definitely come to the right place!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #6  
Jenny

S/C/G: 195/187/140

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Best of luck!

Turning 30 is hard, it was for me. And it definitely gets harder to lose the lbs as you get older due to metabolism slow down. These last two years for me were real eye-openers due to a huge metabolic slow down at 33 and 34, but also a lack of exercise or movement period contributed to that.

You are wise to start working on yourself now, the hardest part is going to be maintaining, that is always the hard part for me. I am an emotional eater, where feelings contributed to what I wanted, did not want to eat.

I know the yo-yo effect that you speak of! I hope you hang in there and make it to your goal!
jennyandaarons is offline   Reply With Quote