Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/197/161

Height: 6'

Cool Introducing Jay Flows

Hello, my name is Jay Flows, I'm a 32 year old male that lives in Yokosuka, Japan. I'm currently attending a college at University of Maryland University College (UMUC) and I majoring in Business Admin, Network Security, and getting a certificate in Japanese Asian Studies. I've been married now for 2 years and involved for 8 years. About 3 years ago I did work for the US Navy, and haven't really been working (with an exception to one job for 3 months that didn't work out), but for the most part have been attending school full time.

I feel weight loss isn't a problem. It's the consistency once I loose my weights and also the effects weight loss has had on me. For example, my face has some faded looking cracks. I think their stretch marks or something, but it looks like something you see from extreme weight loss, I have see it in various places on my body.

I want to lose weight, but I want to loose it safely without extreme wear and tear on the skin because I heard the body heals, but I'm not sure at what rate. So google.com has said that 1 - 2 pound per week, but I felt skeptic about that and decided to go with 1 pound per month sometime last year. It's very hard to get a consistent weight loss per month as I loose between 1 - 5 pounds per month. My last concern is, will eating exactly a certain amount of calories consistently help maintain your weight while exercising? Perfecting this art of weight loss without serious damaging effects and maintenance are my goals here.

My current height is 6 feet (1.8288 meters) and I weigh 197 pounds (90kg). My goal is to loose down to 161 pounds (73.0284kg) in 3 years. Then I want to maintain a 2 pound range between 159 - 163 for the rest of my life. My eating habits tend to be seasonal every three months.

Anyway, nice to meet the rest of you and look forward to loosing weight with the rest of everyone else.

~Flows
jflows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Jay! I don't know if what you are describing are actually stretch marks but there are stretch mark creams on the market that are supposed to help fade them away, and at your young age, they just might help. Since your goal is to lose only a lb a month, I think you are going to have very good luck! However, I do see your dilemma if you don't want to lose any faster than that. I imagine it would be difficult to hit it right on the mark each month. But even if you lose up to 5 lbs per month, you are still losing at what is considered a safe, reasonable rate. I would think at the rate of 1 lb per month it would be easier to maintain your weight once you reach your goal. I have to say, you have a lot of patience, and it seems you have just as much determination. I wish you the best! Take a look around here and jump in on the conversations. Some threads are more active than others, so with some you may not get a response right away. We chicks love to have roosters around here though, so I have no doubt you'll feel quite welcome in whichever forums and threads you post in. Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-23-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote