Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #1  

Default Need to lose 100#'s but broke

After visiting the doctor I am almost 100 pounds heavier than I was 15 years ago!

I feel worthless, not excited about being out, constantly picking at my foreseen flaw (a pimple becomes a raging scab with me picking at it), I am embarrassed for my children (they have never said anything to me about embarrassment). I want to do this. I try and then fail. My anxiety is high, and I really want to succeed but feel crippled by my failure.

I really want to try to lose weight on ideal protein, but we are broke and I am afraid I can't afford it. I broke my foot several years ago and getting myself moving again just has not been successful.

Pray that I can find some answers here!
2kidsami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #2  

You can lose weight without Ideal Protein. There are plenty of free websites to teach you good eating habits that will not only help you lose weight but also teach your children to eat correctly so they don't have to deal with weight issues down the road. My Daily Plate, Atkins, Full Plate Living are just a few that offer free programs that are easy to follow.

You need some kind of exercise so that you don't lose muscle when losing weight. I couldn't tell if walking was a problem with your foot or you just haven't been successful in incorporating exercise. I have 3 titanium plates and 19 screws in my foot and it hurts all the time but I still do water aerobics, tai chi, yoga and walking. You could take you children for a walk. Start small and build from there.

Good luck.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #3  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

You can get diet books and workout dvd's at the library. You tube has information on it too. I count calories and do carb cycling. Good Luck!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 143/139/115

Height: 5'3

i know it's difficult.. There are lots of things that may be working against you but try and focus on the positive! It's definitely a paradigm shift and takes practice.

Like previous posters have said there are numerous resources and tools that are free. Try to think of this as a lifestyle change. Diets are so temporary and focus on only one aspect, weight. Your health is so much more important than your weight!

Being a mom, your health is so important so that you will be able to enjoy your time with your children.

Start by loving yourself for who you are today. You are SO much more than the reflection in the mirror. Small changes will soon become habits.

You CAN do this! Good luck to you
paleorounddeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:38 PM   #5  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

You can definitely lose weight without spending money. I use MyfitnessPal to count my calories. It tells you how much you can eat per day and when you can meet your goal

We're glad you're here!

Last edited by HIheart; 05-16-2015 at 02:38 PM.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

You sound completely overwhelmed.
First step, breathe.
Second step, realize 100# took a long time to happen and it will take time to take off.
Everyone tends to get gung ho and try to make tons of changes at once. Just make one small change at a time. That's what I did. I'm almost 30# down.
So, start with something like, dont drink soda anymore. Diet or otherwise. None of its food for you anyway. Then in a couple weeks start another change. Eating more veggies every day. Etc.
Big success is just sticking to small changes over time. It snowballs.
Hugs to you.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:11 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone. I have researched, etc. my girls are very active. The are 5th and 7th grade and I am running them everywhere. We live in the country, away from everything (towns of 600 to 1,000 population is 17 miles, and cities 45 minutes) so some of the resources are not available (again dollars are not there extra trips have been cut out. I am a teacher and have a garden and eat all sorts of vegetables. i have researched. i have tried lots. I can walk, but my fear of getting hit on the gravel road is paralyzing. My issue is a more sedentary life since breaking foot and teaching. And walking 5 acres is about like a mouse on a wheel. We will see where this takes us.

Trying to cut out the carbs (rice, grains, etcetera... That I use for extenders of our meals).

Again thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited by 2kidsami; 05-18-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #9  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome

I need to loose 100+ also. Like a poster said you dont have to spend money to lose weight. I use MyFitnessPal and I walk outside and I also work out to youtube videos which are all free...Good Luck
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #10  

Well I still am broke! But I am down 30 lbs!!! It is a challenge! Nothing really easy peasy. I am making a protein, low carb diet work for me! Sort of a combo! I only have had a few off the wagon moments. Then got right back on! I went on vacation , and my friend whom we stayed didn't always have Lo carb/no carb options. Luckily the amount of walking the girls and I did negated most of it (I only lost 5 that week)! My daughters picked wild raspberries, and my daughter wanted to learn to make pie (black raspberry pie has been my birthday pie since forever). I had 1 piece one day, and another the other day (gave 2 pieces away to a good friend, and dear daughter ate the other 3)! My friend and I had a girls day, she wanted Panara. So I had their summer salad (loaded with fruit I know and sweet dressing, but low fat). My birthday at my moms! Avoided all desserts, but I had 2 chunks of watermelon (one while everyone else was having their dessert. It tasted heavenly)! My only "craving" is pop. I miss fountain coke. My husband did find me coke with splenda, and it is delish (only 1 a day).

That's my story. Down 30 lbs almost under 200! My diet might not be perfect, but I am making the choices. Not someone's plan for me. I have to think the day/week out! I am hoping all off this will help me sustain the weight loss and make better choices for the future! I am thankful I am not a candy bar junky like my husband is!!! (He's lost 35 as well on this)!

Still trying to make meals my daughters can eat. as they are active in softball, and cross country. Both are extremely thin. But I don't seem to have a problem craving their food!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

I'm not sure what your living situation is like, but if you have the yard and time for it, you should consider a garden. It will not only bring you healthy, local, organic, fresh, tasty produce for free, but it will provide you with as many hours of physical activity as you are willing to put in. You can always start small, just a small patch of lettuce and easy to grow greens.

Also, you don't need money to lose weight. Just go on a walk every morning! Eventually turn those into jogs. Do at-home resistance exercises.
Best of luck! And remember, derive motivation and determination from past fails, not self-loathing.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:11 AM   #12  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsami View Post

That's my story. Down 30 lbs almost under 200! My diet might not be perfect, but I am making the choices. Not someone's plan for me. I have to think the day/week out! I am hoping all off this will help me sustain the weight loss and make better choices for the future! I am thankful I am not a candy bar junky like my husband is!!! (He's lost 35 as well on this)!
WOW Ami, congrats 30 and 35 lbs is great!!

A lot of people here are doing the same as you - making our own choices. Yes, it takes planning and research. But IMO the payoff is really worth it. You get to make the decisions. It's fun too - looking for recipes, finding better ways to fix favorite foods and discovering new ones that I never thought I'd like. I agree in being hopeful that this process is changing the way I eat forever.

Keep up the good work!
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Hi

We struggle for money I am doing slimming world ( i live in the uk ) and my parents paid for my last 12 week sessions as a birthday pressie

We only have a small garden.. but are growing strawberries, pot, beans and cherry toms.

I do all ( well 90% ) of my shopping at aldi ( a cheap supermarket over here) and watch what i spend i make 90 % of my meals from scratch works out a lot cheaper

I walk as much as i can free exercise, or like somone said u tube has free exercise videos.

Borrow any books from your local libary.. our will order ones in they havent got

Good luck... I am 50lbs down from Nov it is possible. xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote