Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'3"

Red face First timer and so is my wife

Hi, 50+ year old woman here. My wife recently found out she's prediabetic and her doc said she should go on the SBD. I already know I'm prediabetic, so it's a win-win if we both start it. I'm at my highest weight, at least 234.

I have blood work in 3 weeks, so I started a day earlier than DW when I found out. It's probably too late to alter what will surely be a negative outcome on my lab results, but maybe it will help a little. I'm on day 2 of Ph 1. DW is on day 1. It will be harder for her, as she's only had to diet once before in her life; whereas, I'm the human yo-yo.

My first time doing SBD. Just cleaned out the pantry and fridge and did a big supermarket shop. Thanks in advance for any advice/encouragement. I'm not a big cook, but I'm trying.
Writer823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to 3FC!

There are a lot of great resources here for you, and a lot of good support.

Good luck to both you and your wife! I think it's great that you're both working toward being healthier together.

Last edited by Penny105; 04-27-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Ooo, I just read a story in the Goals about someone who beat diabetes with their eating! You should check it out for a little inspiration!!!! I'm a first-time loser myself, and I want to honour all of the support, advice and strength the people on this forum give by doing my best to make the first time the last time.

Welcome to you and your wife! You two will do great together and will have support both off and online There is nothing like the support of the love of your life to help you on the journey. Date nights can become walks instead of couch potato days and they know better than to tempt you with unhealthy treats.

I also love your username, are you a fellow writer then? Please tell me what you write about! I love talking with fellow woman writers no matter what they write about. I'm not really a professional writer or anything, but I do love it and it is a secret dream of mine to publish Christian child, teen and young adult novels one day. I want to get a degree in creative writing and finish up my schooling in that department, when my husband and I have the money.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #4  
Weight Loss Champion

Welcome! Good luck on your journey. Stay strong I know it can be hard when it comes to dealing with health issues. If you need any specific help feel free to pm me or let us know if we can help.
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

to both of you with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #6  

Thank you all for your kind encouragement. It does help that we are on this journey together.

I must admit to being cranky on day 2 of my eating plan. I did not have a snack when I should have. Lesson learned.

SenseandSensibility I write poetry and am starting to write more fiction. I also do some business writing for some clients.

Thanks again for the support!
Old 04-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #7  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! It's great to meet you! My fiancee and I are both doing this together as well (though she is trying to gain weight/muscle because she's a little 115lb stick). It is so much easier when you can encourage each other and you're not doing it alone!

See you around
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #8  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Best of luck to both of you!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #9  

Thanks again! It certainly helps to be in the same household with a person on the same eating plan.