Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #1  
Starting the Journey

S/C/G: 243.2/226.8/143.2

Height: 5'2''

Default Hello from DC!

Hello, all!

I have been wishing for quite a few weeks now to connect with a group of people to talk about all the ups, downs, and in-betweens of weight loss, and it seems as if I've found it.

A little history:
I've been somewhere in the overweight category for much of my life, but I have also been very active, especially in college. Post-graduation, I stayed in the same apartment (in pretty much the same spot on the couch) in a very stressful situation for 3 months straight with no friends nearby, and gained about 20 pounds.

I started work in mid-August, gained a bit more weight, lost an untracked, small amount of weight doing CrossFit (which I loved!) for 1.5 months, then found myself 10 pounds heaver between The beginning of December and the beginning of January.

That puts me at my starting weight of 243.2 pounds. Sometimes I feel like I just blinked and one day nothing fit me, then the new things didn't fit me, then I just couldn't stand to buy anything else. I was tired of being tired and sad and just existing.

I started exercising on 29 January, when I got back from Africa. This was more for my general happiness than anything. I have noticed a serious difference between my emotions when I'm active and when I do very little.

Two weeks later, on February 16, I made the conscious decision that yes, I intend to lose weight. I was starting to feel a little more mobile, but wasn't quite getting that energy boost from exercise. The very next day, I started a big prep of frozen food (about 3 weeks worth of meals, packaged then frozen) and told myself it couldn't be easier than homemade heat-and-eat meals.

Within a week, things were starting to look up. After two weeks of just exercising I remained at 243 - within a few days of checking in to my eating habits, I was already losing. Seven days later, I was down 3.2 pounds.

Just like that, history was written. Continuing to live mindfully will be a lifelong goal for me, but I am reaping the benefits 10.7 pounds and two months later. I am really starting to find some satisfaction and fulfillment in my post-graduation life. I can't wait to see what's ahead of me!

As I said before, I am really looking forward to the accountability and friendships that I think are a definite possibility here!
ayrenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:13 AM   #2  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

and on making some great changes for your health! With such a positive attitude, you're sure to reach your goals.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:37 AM   #3  
Starting the Journey

Thank you so much @Cattails!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

with your efforts! Great job on your loss so far! Keep it up!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #5  
Starting the Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
with your efforts! Great job on your loss so far! Keep it up!
Thank you!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/270/131

Height: 5'5"

Hi...I am new here and also in D.C. Glad to meet everyone. Elaine
erowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #7  
Weight Loss Champion

Congrats and Welcome! We are here for you if you need additional help
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote