Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/176/145

Height: 5'4"

Cool one day at a time...

Hi All,

I've done Medifast and did very well - lost over 40 lb, alas, I failed on transitioning and gained most of it back. Now I'm trying a new lifestyle - not diet. I've found some comparable prepackaged foods, that are low carb, low fat, low sugar and high protein. They are a fraction of the cost of Medifast.

I had some Medifast food to use up, and now I'm transitioning to the other meals. I purchased some foods to try from a bariatric food source website as well as Kay's naturals. I've lost about 7 lb this month. It's going a little slower than Medifast - but I feel great. I am sticking with the lean and green rules for the most part. Getting the water down has been my biggest struggle so far.

I am an emotional eater and I'm also working the 12-step program. This is a big life change for me...not just a temporary fix.

Anyone else out there make their own plan and finding success? Would love to hear from others.

Keri in Oregon
kezzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #3  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:43 PM   #4  

Hi Keri! Good luck on your new weight loss journey. I, too, am on Medifast and hope to lose about 50 pounds this year. My goal for this month was to get back to the gym and I finally did it! I wish you lots of good losses on your new weight loss program and good eating/exercise habits throughout the rest of your life. I've probably lost at least two tons if you total up how many times I have lost a good chunk of weight over my lifetime and I've probably spent thousands on weight loss programs. I am not good at getting on a scale to be accountable... especially after I've lost a bunch. Then, I gain it back. Ugh. Some day I will be better at controlling myself and being accountable each week so I don't have keep doing this again.

Check back in and let me know how you're doing on your eating/exercise plan. Best wishes to you for much success!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote