Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #1  
Romance Chick

S/C/G: 240/237.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Ready to take control...

I am 41 years old and I had my gallbladder removed in March of this year. I am currently at my highest weight ever. I had my medical today for new life insurance and I was horrified to see that I was almost 240 lbs and I am only 5’3”.

I am ready to get off the diet rollercoaster and finally lose the weight. I owe it to myself! I have about 110 lbs to lose to reach my goal. I just have to figure out how to start.

I am tired, sore and unhappy with my life and my general lack of motivation. I really hope I can turn this around soon or I may not make it to age 45.

Any support you can give me would be appreciated. This is the start of my journey to becoming the me I’ve always wanted!
Nishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #2  

Welcome! The best way to start is to just do it! It's amazing how wonderful you will feel with every pound lost
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #3  
Colleen

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'5"

You can do it! I am "new" here too (been here before, fell off the wagon a few times, ready to get back on!). You can do this and 3FC is a great place to start! Good Luck! Remember (and I have to keep reminding myself), just take it one day at a time...
casakran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

My weight loss history is, well... quite depressing actually. However I finally decided the last pain was the final straw. I started by not thinking, and what I mean by that is I controlled my thoughts away from the past, the present and the future and only concentrated on my plan, not what I weigh, what I used to weigh, not what I want to weigh, only my plan. I do my daily chores, live my daily life, follow my daily plan. When I don't I get anxious and impatient and start to worry and regret.

I think good results happen in my head first, keeping my mind disciplined from worry and just let what I do happen. Hope this helps!
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #5  
Romance Chick

S/C/G: 240/237.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Michelle, I like your approach. If it works to get you from one day to the next, keep doing it!
Nishna is offline   Reply With Quote