Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5'5

Smile Fell in love, got happy and fat... Ready for a change!

Hey ladies(and gentlemen),
My name is Jordan and I'm 27 and from the Bay Area, California. I've always had body issues, though looking back I was never heavy until after college. I had some issues with substance abuse in college and over the past 5 years my weight had jumped around from 138 to 210(my highest). I'm 5"5 so it's not even close to healthy. It was never the priority with everything else going on.

My life has been very stable the last 6 months, and I'm also in a new relationship. When my boyfriend and I got together we would eat out constantly, often stopping for fast food late at night on the way home for one adventure or another.

Four days ago I hit a wall. I can't be this weight anymore. I'm at the highest I've ever been and my boyfriends' ex saw me in town and texted him about how she couldn't believe he was dating a "fat lady". I am mortified.

It's been 4 days and I've been eating very healthy, egg whites in the AM and healthy salads without dressing for lunch and dinner. 4lbs down and it hope to keep it up. I need to change, for me. I am so uncomfortable in my body, my clothes don't fit and it's hard to even be intimate bc I have such self loathing. But I'm proud of the last 4 days. Does anyone have any advice? I need some support.

We can do this!
BabyGotBack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5'5

So far I've gone from 210 to 204.2 since Friday and I'm eating! Feeling great about the way it's going so far!
BabyGotBack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #3  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Good job! You must be pleased!

Congrats on being in love, by the way. Being single DEFINITELY is part of what keeps me motivated to stay in shape, challenge my body and lose weight/maintain. I'm quickly 10lbs heavier when in love But, you know, I'd really like to be in love.

I'm sure now after 6 months, your bf will respect that you want to take care of yourself. Good luck, keep yourself motivated! Forgive yourself if you fail and always get back on the horse. Try not to be uncomfortable in intimate situations, I think that works against us. My only recommendation is to start getting used to new, sustainable habits

Last edited by souvenirdarling; 08-26-2014 at 12:28 PM.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Welcome, Jordan!

Know that it happens to the best of us. And we all have our own versions of 'hitting the wall' where we just can't take one more second living life as we are now.

Congratulations on making positive changes in your life.

As for that awful text from the ex-girlfriend? Don't be mortified or shamed! It really provides insight into the kind of person she is. Try to see it from a different perspective. What she has unwittingly pointed out is that when one chooses a partner there are far more meaningful attributes and characteristics than weight or size.

And with all due respect, those kind of comments should not be tolerated by your boyfriend and should be shut down immediately! Doesn't have be mean or nasty, just to the point that if she remains in contact these kinds of comments or observations won't be tolerated.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/207/130

Height: 5"6

My story sounds almost identical to yours Jordan! I've never really had weight issues but then after bad relationship after bad relationship I found the one and then had a baby on top of it. I am now at 200 pounds and I am so uncomfortable. I never really enjoyed exercise and now I am needing to learn to like it. Sounds like you are on the right path? Are you following a specific program or just calorie counting?
dundun1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Jordan,

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

While I can understand your being mortified by the ignorant comment by your boyfriend's ex....you've got to admit, its motivated you to take control and get the weight off!!! That being said, my true concern here isn't about her but, about your boyfriend. When he received that berating & belittling text about you, what did HE do?? If it was anything less than blocking her text's, you may want to reconsider your relationship with him.

Don't settle for less than you deserve, you're worth more than that!

All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
That being said, my true concern here isn't about her but, about your boyfriend. When he received that berating & belittling text about you, what did HE do?? If it was anything less than blocking her text's, you may want to reconsider your relationship with him.

Don't settle for less than you deserve, you're worth more than that!

All the best to you![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
^^^^^THIS

Spot ON JerseyGyrl, spot on!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello and congratz on your weight loss.
Fanci7 is offline   Reply With Quote