Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #1  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

S/C/G: 213/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Fast-food addict no more!

Hello!
I'm new to this. I kind of came across it when I was google-ing stuff about weight loss and it seems like a really productive spot! I guess since this is an introduction, I will tell you about myself. I am a college student and I am 22 years old. For the past few years, I have become addicted to fast food and pop (if that is even possible) I'm sure some of you understand how convenient it is to get fast food and how good it tastes...and the guilt you feel afterwards. Working two jobs and going to school, this is almost a daily thing for me. I have tried MANY MANY times to exercise and diet but with no success. I just want to get back to a healthy weight. However, that is at least 65 pounds away. It seems that the people around me support me, but not as much as I would hope. I will attempt to diet and eat better, and then my best friend will get McDonalds. I will tell my boyfriend to make me eat better, and he does, but then he goes to get Taco Bell. How hard does that make it? Extremely. So now THIS is my attempt to better myself and to have the strength and courage it takes to finally make myself a better me.
LuLu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC! I can imagine it's hard when the people around you aren't supportive of your choices in the way you want them to be. Hopefully this forum can help you in that way. And maybe soon enough you'll be leading them by example and they will make some changes, too But either way - you have to do this for you and no one can make you do anything, right?

You must be so busy with two jobs and school! Do you have a plan for how you are going to tackle weight loss? Maybe you can spend some time cooking and freezing meals that you can easily re-heat on a busy day instead of reaching for fast food. Whatever you end up doing, I wish you luck!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

You can do it! You can do it! :-)
I had the same problem! Everyone around me was eating junk and when I would say no thank you...they'd say, "A little bit won't do anything" The problem is...a little here...a little there...it adds up!
Finally I just took the bull by the horn and said screw it. I'm doing this for ME and no one else will do it for me. So far, I'm good for about 3 wks now. I haven't cheated yet but do plan on having a cheat day once a month, to keep the cravings at a minimum.
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #4  

Thank you everybody! It is so good to see people who are on the same road as me! I have not formed a plan yet, but I am working on it. It is hard because I am never sure where I am going to be all day. I really need to make a calendar. I work in a kitchen at a nursing home and at Subway so there is also temptation. Plus, sometimes I am at my boyfriend's house at night too. I think I need to do what somebody mentioned and go shopping at the beginning of the week and plan where I will be when. The nice thing is that at the apartments I live in, there is an exercise facility that I can use. The downside is that I like my sleep a lot lol If I could just make myself get up earlier, I could have diet and exercise. We will see. Hopefully I will be making progress soon!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:03 AM   #5  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi

I can definitely relate to having a love for junk food! I haven't had it in 2 weeks but, trust me, boy do I miss it! My husband is like your boy-friend in which he, too, always gets junk food and offers to get some for me. We have had a major sit down and talked about the benefits of how this is not an option for me now. I have taught myself how to say no. Not that he asks me anymore, but he still is able to eat it around me and I'm perfectly fine eating something healthier.

Try to plan meals ahead of time for your busy days. This will allow you the opportunity to not make bad decisions on easy accessible fast food. Pack snacks and water to have with you all day - you can do it!

Good luck and can't wait to hear about how you do
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #6  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Welcome to 3FC!!!

You have found the best online weightloss support group (at least in my opinion!!)

We'll give you a hand up, tell you when you need to breathe and slow down or give you a kick on the behind when you need it lol

Are you looking into following a weight loss program such as Weight Watchers, Ideal Protein, Atkins, etc or are you more into Calorie Counting or keeping a Food Diary?

I need more of a strict program and have had lots of success with Optifast, my husband on the other hand needs freedom and has lost 17lbs with Calorie Counting and he is like a 10 year old when it comes to eating....TacoBell, Wendys, Dominos, Ice Cream...and the jerk is STILL losing a respectable 1-2lbs a week!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #7  

Thanks guys I seriously thought I was the only one who struggled with this. My thing is that sometimes I don't even think about what I am eating...until I am done eating it. I didn't do very good today but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I did NOT drink pop though so that is a start!