Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2014, 02:00 AM   #1  
Mother of Nine

S/C/G: 230/203/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Seven Babies in Six Years

Hello, I have 9 children - two adult and 7 children ages 7 and under. We had twins almost 2 years ago and at the time had 7 kids ages 6 and under. : ) Yes, all planned and we're very happy we did it but I think at age 44, we might not have any more left.

I was 145 lbs when my husband and I married in 2005 and had my twins in 2012 at 245. I'm down to 203 from 215 just a couple of weeks ago. I've been only juicing and eating salad... mostly vegetarian (only for now). I was recently diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, I have arthritis in my feet and my knees and hips hurt. I felt it was time to lose weight for my health now...

Husband is home full time. We farm, garden, home school, I love baking sourdough bread (not for me right now) and cultured foods such as sauerkraut. I love quality foods and whole foods but it's time to cut out most meat, bread and dairy for a time until I get to a healthier weight. Thanks for listening if you're still here. : )
fruitofthewomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Hello there! I know you from MOMYS

This is a great site for encouragement and support on weight loss, and overall a very nice corner of the Internet.

- Taryl
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:42 AM   #3  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Sounds like you have a full house. Feel free to poke around the forum and post wherever you like; we have a few 40-something threads you're welcome to join, as well as vegetarian and whole foods threads. Nice going on dropping 12 lbs. already, you're on your way!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #4  
Mother of Nine

S/C/G: 230/203/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Taryl, what a small world... even on the internet. Nice to see you here!

Thanks for your encouragement Cattails. Glad to see you've kept your weight off for so long! : )
fruitofthewomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #5  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi fruitofthewomb! Love the name and your openness to children! Such a very wonderful gift.

You are off to a great start to your weight loss and should be proud. Very soon you'll be in onederland! Good luck and know there are a lot of sections for the specific type of support you need!
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

I LOVE your "name" on here! LOL Fruit of the womb! I am the 1st born of 10 kids! Don't know how the heck my mom did it. Kudos to you! I have 3 myself and still trying to loose the weight after my youngest was born.....22 years ago. Not really funny and kind of sad, but I have tried so many times to lose weight. I just decided this morning to hop back on that wagon again. for the zillionth time. My problem is I like my sweets and I don't excercise much. I figure if I can work on those two things I will be at least doing something to get this weight under control once and for all.
Anyway, welcome! Glad you are here.

Last edited by Beachplum; 06-03-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #7  

Default Wow I meet someone who beat me !!!

I had 5 in 6 years. Congratulations.
MamaX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

congratulations to you brave mommy!!!;-) Kids are the best gift! I wish you good luck here! May the force be with you! Stay strong and motivated and you will achieve all of your goals!!
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote