Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/180/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello from Alliston, ON

Hey there. I've been to the forums but not officially as a member. I'm trying to get my personal life and health back on track after ending my marriage of 15 years. Couldn't stand being married to someone who sucked the life force out of me anymore, both emotionally and financially.

I would like to lose about 30lbs to help me feel better about myself and to also help minimize my GERD symptoms. I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus over a year ago. Even though I never had a lot of traditional heart burn, I always woke with a chronic cough and my nose was constantly running. Who knew that it was all acid related.

I also have a FitBit device for tracking. Had a BodyMedia device before that but decided not to renew my subscription in favour of trying the FitBit.
If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do - 2H8RNP

Cheers
Vicki
SneakyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #2  

Welcome, I have a jawbone up which is very similar to Fitbit. I sync it with myfitnesspal a free app that has a 3 million database of food entries that makes it so easy to track the calories, nutritional value, etc of what you're eating during the day. Fitbit will sync with myfitnesspal also. I just use my android cell phone to do this on, because it is with me all the time, but they work great on computers also.

Good luck
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #3  
Cake Lover, Pasta Freak

S/C/G: 206/169/120

Height: 5'1

Wow Vicki...sounds like you are ready for your journey! I must admit, I admire your strength. Best wishes! <3
maleficentpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to be here.

MyFitnessPal is great. I had my BodyMedia device synced with it and just moved over my FitBit to it. It has a great food library and the bar code scan is great if you can't find a specific product.

I also have my FitBit synced with EarndIt. You get points that you can redeem for products/services/discounts etc.. with their affiliates. Some cool contests as well.
SneakyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #5  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

S/C/G: 163/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and Good Luck!
Bunny924 is offline   Reply With Quote