Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #1  

Default Back again

Hi everyone,
I'm back again... Seems like I've been on this journey a million times before but I've never been truly successful or reach any goals. I remember announcing my first pregnancy here.. and then announcing I was having twins here... Well they are 4 1/2 now and I have another one who is almost 2. My fitness has declined and my weight has had a steady change...In the wrong direction! Now for not only MY health, but for my children I am here again! I want to be around for them for many many years so I have to get myself into some better habits and at a good weight once and for all! I've updated all my profile information and changed my signature to reflect my latest goal.. My husband doesn't know we are going on our first REAL family vacation (I've booked the hotel and budgeted the money) but I want to look better and more importantly FEEL better so we can enjoy ourselves. So this summer is a summer for good changes around here! I'm feeling greasy from my last fast food meal (for a long while anyway!) and excited for making some healthy changes!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalique View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm back again... Seems like I've been on this journey a million times before but I've never been truly successful or reach any goals. I remember announcing my first pregnancy here.. and then announcing I was having twins here... Well they are 4 1/2 now and I have another one who is almost 2. My fitness has declined and my weight has had a steady change...In the wrong direction! Now for not only MY health, but for my children I am here again! I want to be around for them for many many years so I have to get myself into some better habits and at a good weight once and for all! I've updated all my profile information and changed my signature to reflect my latest goal.. My husband doesn't know we are going on our first REAL family vacation (I've booked the hotel and budgeted the money) but I want to look better and more importantly FEEL better so we can enjoy ourselves. So this summer is a summer for good changes around here! I'm feeling greasy from my last fast food meal (for a long while anyway!) and excited for making some healthy changes!

Welcome. With kids that young you should be getting plenty of exercise just trying to keep up with them, along with all the other duties of being a mom. So the problem has got to be the calories you're consuming.

I just bought a Jawbone UP very similar to the Fit Bit that keeps track of everything I do during the day and with the new free smart, andriod and I phone apps it's pretty easy to calculate the calories, and your total activity during the day, which really helps to keep you motivated. Just a suggestion anyway, as we know it's calories in versus calories burned during the day and at least we have easy to wear devices now that can help along the way. They run anywhere from $60.00 to $130.00. I got mine at Best Buy. From the reviews I've been reading most say they're accurate, and with 3 youngsters it might surprise you to know how much you move around in a normal day.

Anyway good luck to you, just make a plan and stick with it, and you'll get to your goal weight.

Last edited by Kscott; 04-27-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote