Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #1  
banned

Default Hey,I New here!

My Name is Jackie B. Lutz. Happy to be here!

i found your forum while googling a weight-loss program i thought was strange. lol!

i've always been overweight. my whole life. even as a little girl. i have a very, VERY slow metabolism. so it's easy for me to pack on the pounds, regardless of what i eat. so i've really struggled my whole life.

then, after my first son was born, i got on the birth control shot, and i gained weight like CRAZY! i got off the shot (and had 2 more kids, lol!) but the damage was done. now i have to lose more weight than ever before.

plus, i have exercise-induced asthma, so exercise is really difficult for me. if i do any kind of exercise that causes my breathing to increase (you know, anything...) my asthma kicks in, and i have to stop. this has been troubling to me, and the only (ONLY) exercise i've found that works is walking. not too fast, not for a long time (no more than 20 minutes a day) but at least that's better than nothing.

so... weight loss is extra hard for me
dakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #2  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Welcome!!! You are in good company!!!

What program are you considering or are you still "window shopping"?
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and good luck!!! You can do anything you are committed to and ready to do long term. Just don't give up!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanda View Post
My Name is Jackie B. Lutz. Happy to be here!

i found your forum while googling a weight-loss program i thought was strange. lol!

i've always been overweight. my whole life. even as a little girl. i have a very, VERY slow metabolism. so it's easy for me to pack on the pounds, regardless of what i eat. so i've really struggled my whole life.

then, after my first son was born, i got on the birth control shot, and i gained weight like CRAZY! i got off the shot (and had 2 more kids, lol!) but the damage was done. now i have to lose more weight than ever before.

plus, i have exercise-induced asthma, so exercise is really difficult for me. if i do any kind of exercise that causes my breathing to increase (you know, anything...) my asthma kicks in, and i have to stop. this has been troubling to me, and the only (ONLY) exercise i've found that works is walking. not too fast, not for a long time (no more than 20 minutes a day) but at least that's better than nothing.

so... weight loss is extra hard for me
Hi Jackie--first of all Welcome to the board. My daughter has exercised induced asthma also. She's a runner--so she went to the doctor and was prescribed an inhaler--and she only uses it before she exercises--and it stops it.

I am wondering if that would work for you also? Anyway--glad you're here--on this board you will get all the support and information you need for your weight loss journey. Just stick with it and you'll get there.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote