Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Hi everyone! :)

Hi!!

My name is Alyssa, and I'm addicted to food. Bad food. Really bad food. I'm talking donuts and chocolate. I just can't stop lately and I found this forum by googling ''How to cut sugar cravings'' and I fell in love with you all. Your motivation, your results, your ambition. I wanna be one of you.

I recently lost a lot of weight, about 90lb to be exact.

Some stuff in my life went to the crapper, and I gained back about 45 of it.

I am extremely embarassed and have even started avoiding my friends and family gatherings because they were SO PROUD of my accomplishments and I managed to let myself go.

I lost the weight with intense workouts and dieting (ate no more than 1200 calories and worked out for 30-60 minutes every day)

I plan on doing the same, but the depression and anxiety (which I am currently seeing someone about) isn't helping. When it gets hard, because I asked them not to put me on any medicine, I do tend to turn to sweets because they make me happy.

I had a friend who suggested a support group. So I am extremely happy I found this forum and I do hope I hold on to it this time and keep it off.

I am going on vacation end of May, to Jamaica, and I refuse to look the way I do.

I'm taking before pictures Sunday, as it will be Day 1 of my 30 day shred and hope I can kick off the sugar cravings if my body is active maybe it just won't want it anymore.

Any tips, stories, encouragement, criticism is welcome.

I do hope I make great friends here and I hope you know how much I appreciate all of you already.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

- Alyssa xo

Last edited by AlyssaFit4life; 03-07-2014 at 02:00 PM.
AlyssaFit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #2  

Hey welcome AlyssaFit4life... This is a great place and the right place for most of what you are looking for.. Just feel free to browse around and I am sure you will find it more informative and supportive
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/176.4/155

Height: 5'4"

Alyssa -- we have almost the exact same stats!

Except that I have been completely incapable of losing weight and you seem to know exactly what to do! I envy that. If you know what works, I hope being here will help you DO IT! and you will be successful :-) And I will still be envious!
TheFinalFifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

Thank you nlauah & TheFinalFifteen for the warm welcome

I hope I can offer support when you both need it as well.

TheFinalFifteen I am really happy to see someone with very similar stats, maybe we can kick each other's bum when it matters most haha
AlyssaFit4life is offline   Reply With Quote