Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #1  

Red face Hello Everyone/First Time here

Good Morning To All. This is my first time here. Started my weight loss journey 7 days ago and..it's scary. I figured I needed some support during this, my fear is failure.

I'll write a little about me. Over the past 4 years I've had some major, major changes in my life...some very hard and heartbreaking and some actually life shattering. And....... I took to eating....Stuffing actually, stuffing and bingeing on anything and everything. Like food was a drug to me so I didn't have to feel, but you know what??..It backfired and now looking in the mirror, I FEEL alright..., I feel depressed. I don't even remember how I got here. I do and don't, those days and nights of binging on food are hard to remember actually...I did it out of habbit and out of pain and "not caring". Now...I'm up over 100 pounds from where I was 4 years ago, and I CARE. Care very much.

I had my thyroid removed 5 years ago..then..onward with the pain in my life. As I am on here for awhile I think I will go into some of those dark places that I've been, I need to to let go and move on with my life. I want to lose this weight for my self esteem, to be happy and for health reasons. I suppose looking back I was in "Self Destruction" mode and didn't care if I lived or died and maybe, just maybe stuffed and stuffed and didn't care what happened to me. Well I DO CARE! A lot.

Like I said it's been 7 days. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet, I'm under my Dr's care, went to her yesterday. Oh..and I started excercising..OMG, it now feels GREAT. At first I couldn't even move, after a week, I'm moving and not with much pain. I'm so SCARED I'm going to screw this up. It's something I want more than ANYTHING...but I guess it's an addiction. I'm trying to break this. I always say.."God PLEASE don't let me fail" I've lost weight before, a lot and kept it off untill, like I said about 4 years ago. This time it's harder, I'm older, and the depression doesn't help.

Would love to get some feedback from all of you. I've read some posts and I believe I am in the right place.

Wildflower6991
wildflower6991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144.3/138.2/129

Height: 5'3

Hi! I just joined too and I started diet/exercise 7 days ago as well. I feel the same way you do but for now I am taking it one day at a time. I went to the doctor last week and broke down crying. so now she has me coming back in 8 weeks with a specific goal. I think being under a Drs care is helping tremendously. Also--keep praying. it works!
daisy00527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #4  

Thank you for responding Blessings to all through this difficult uphill journey/battle. I'm still hanging in there. Since being on this diet I've been scared of failure...but I'm noticing something else I'm afraid of....and that is shedding this weight..Isn't that odd? I'm afraid of being "vulnerable" like this weight has been a shield from the world and now I'm scared to step into this world. Confusing....
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome! There are some very knowledgable and helpful people here.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I had my thyroid removed almost 4 years ago. What thyroid medication are you on? When I was on synthroid/levothyroxin, I was the same way. I gained a lot of weight. I couldn't handle even the stress of going to a store. When I tried to lose weight, I gained more.
If you're not on the right meds, you will have a hard time, not only losing the weight, but with all your other hypothyroid symptoms.
Good luck with your journey.
ScariCatLadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #7  

Hi, well when I had my thyroid removed I was on Levoxyl. I believe last year the FDA recalled it and was put on Name brand Synthroid. I just went to my Endro last week and my tsh, t3 and t4 are all great for now. Funny, before the FDA recalled the Levoxyl, my tsh numbers kept getting higher and higher. So obviously the Levoxyl hadn't been working even before they took it off the shelves. I had been on Levoxyl since 1999. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's/Thyroiditis in 99'. What **** this has been.

What med's are you on? Do you get checked regularly for tsh? My big question to you is have you lost weight with the Thyroid removed? I pray and I pray I do because the metabolism is dependant on a pill.

Thanks