Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: juststarted/190/125

Height: 5'' 5''

Red face new need help

hello everyone i'm new to this and not really sure what I can and cant eat. so I have just been eating dinners from Wal-Mart. I cant really do much for my breathing trouble but I need to lose some of the weight. any help thanks
extruckergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Hi. My best recommendation is any diet which reduces carbohydrates. Some examples of diets are the low carb diet, the slow carb diet, and the Dukan Diet. Reducing sugar and flour and other simple carbs helps you break away from carb cravings, and makes a new way of eating easier for you. Good luck!

Last edited by Valkyrie1; 01-12-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #3  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

Hello!

Do some search on the internet and find a diet you like! But what worked best for me was to educate myself about calories and then count them. When you hit a certain number of calories (for me that's usually 1200) you stop eating for the day. So the point is, you can eat everything, but in a day or two you figure out that you have to lean towards healthy foods, if you don't want to be hungry.

I'm sure you can get some workout just form walking, but if that's a problem for you, you can still lose weight without much exercise. Don't let that discourage you.

Good luck!
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi extruckergirl! Be sure to check out the Diet Central section here. It has many threads on different kinds of diets and you should be able to find one that you think might work well for you. Sometimes it takes experimentation to find the diet that is best for us! Many people here count calories. There is a phone/computer app called MyFitnessPal which will keep track of how many calories are in the foods you're consuming and how many calories you're burning through daily activities and exercise. Everyone who uses it seems to like it. Some of us are on low/slow-carb diets because carbs tend to make us hungry, and we can control how much we eat overall much better if we reduce the number/types of carbs we consume. And as mentioned above, you don't have to exercise to lose weight. You said you have a breathing problem, so know that you can get down to a healthy weight through diet alone. It might take a little longer, but you'll get there! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote